Fusion-io - Great environment | Glassdoor

"Great environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my experience, the corporate culture is very open, very supportive of employees' growth and involvement. Even very junior employees have the opportunity to communicate to the higher levels of the company about what's going on. As a new college graduate entering the company I've been treated as a full team member and shown respect from day one.

There are also a lot of efforts to build community through fun events, from the monthly "birthday treats" to the book club and the ping-pong. It's a mixed bag, but the fact that there's constantly something going on is nice.

(Free) lunch is usually pretty good and reasonably healthy.

Cons

Communication could be improved; there have been some changes to improve upper management's connection to everyone else, but there are still a lot of things I've picked up from hearsay rather than having clear information through formal channels.

Benefits package, while health coverage etc. is fine, includes only the bare minimum of paid time off allowed by law and is similarly minimal about parental leave. In my group, at least, the ability to work from home makes that less of an issue, but official support is another matter. 401k matching is supposed to be included starting next year, though if my understanding is correct that will not be an appreciable amount.

Other Employee Reviews for Fusion-io

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, compensation, perks and work environment. I have really enjoyed my time at Fusion-io and even during rough times, it's been easy to believe in the overall vision of the company.

Cons

It has been stressful being short staffed, but has provided lots of opportunity to fill in the gaps, take on new responsibility and grow professionally. Some teams seem siloed and can be hard to work with.

Advice to Management

Keep working to improve integration between different teams and breaking down silos.

2. "Fun and Challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, exciting technology, and a fun work environment all add up to a great experience over the past four years. I enjoy going to work!

Cons

Like most companies (and companies that grew quickly), there is room for improving communication policies and structure to improve collaboration.

Advice to Management

Look for more opportunities to promote within (including hiring from other departments), and start development programs for more than just top management.