Fuze - Great Momentum, Incredible Potential | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fuze

"Great Momentum, Incredible Potential"

Current Employee - Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get's better every month with the new Leadership. It is really a great place to work with great people. There are some very impressive and exciting things happening in the organization right now. The next year is going to be incredible.

Cons

There could be lunches daily and better snacks, coffee...ect

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum and take time to celebrate, REALLY celebrate wins across the entire organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Fuze

"Great opportuinty, green leadership, lot's of confusion among employees"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, Yoga, beer/alcohol wagon rolled through the office often. Little pressure, low expectations, relaxed culture

Cons

CEO is pretty green, but a nice guy. Mgmt team is not from the space and do not communicate with employees. Our revenues are falling like a knife and we seem to be OK with that because revenues get in the way of progress... or so says our CEO. Hmmm.. seems odd to most of us.

Advice to Management

start communicating and respect your teams. This is not Yammer. It's not a social network and all the Yoga and free food does not make our product sell against Citrix, Webex, Join.Me and others. We have to get the sand out of our eyes and get back to work. Mgmt needs to lead the charge as opposed to this believe that an employee culture makes product fly off the shelves. Some basic, rudimentary knowledge of this market would certainly be helpful. But listen, understand and then take action.

"The golden age of Fuze has come and gone..."

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is still a good handful of extraordinary employees who work here and keep the culture alive during a massive growth spurt (though it is dwindling). The company WILL succeed, but at the cost of many talented individuals. The product is one that will be unparallelled in the industry, so anyone who actually gets hired on now has a great opportunity in front of them...so long as those typical corporate egos and the self-promoting mid and upper management teams can learn some humility, work WITH their teammates and promote the health of the community, not just the product and its sales.

Cons

It's a difficult time to work at Fuze. Much has changed, and IS changing and the old community-vibe that once produced self-motivated, creative thinkers has now become a unanimous robotic and blase work force without much unique energy. Fuze used to be a place where you worked incredibly hard and had a blast while you did it. Now, you have to talk your closest friends and coworkers off a ledge on a daily basis and it has little to do with the stress of a new brand and a new interface. There is no longer a Fuze family, but a Fuze army.

There's still a fairly vivid divide between veteran Fuze employees and those newly hired on with by new regime. There exists an odd delineation of people who have all worked together before at Fuze and who have all worked together before at Yammer, which is killer to the culture. Anyone who hasn't worked for Yammer fears for their job on a weekly basis.

Interviews are hardly interviews at all for former Yammer crew members, but for any incoming newbie outside of Yammer, you'd be lucky if you scored an interview at all. Those who have bled Fuze blue for years would likely never be hired today despite their level of loyalty and expertise, which leaves them feeling severely undervalued, severely underpaid, and severely anxious to go elsewhere and apply their incredible talent to a company that would value it.

Advice to Management

Can what you knew about Yammer. It doesn't apply to Fuze in an applicable way. Get your hands dirty, express humility and honesty, be empathetic and immerse yourself in the struggles of your customers, employees, and the industry leaders because you can change the interface and brand all you like, but if the foundational values of the company crap the bed, so too will the product and those who support it. Love your employees more than your product, because at the end of the day, they make or break the success of the brand, the product, the concept, and the execution of all of the above. And finally...pay your work force what they deserve. I make now, twice what I made at Fuze for a similar position, and every other offer I've received has fit a similar pay bracket. It makes me ill to think of the time wasted living paycheck to paycheck at Fuze to receive such little support both professionally and personally. Your value lies in those you elect to represent your company, so prove it.