Fuze - Ridiculously low standards for fair and ethical conduct by management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fuze

"Ridiculously low standards for fair and ethical conduct by management."

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

small, chaotic, losing revenue. if those things motivate you ;)

Cons

A business may or may not do well. but fair and ethical conduct towards employees is of paramount importance. the company management has an appallingly low standard for principled and fair conduct.

Other Employee Reviews for Fuze

"Times are a changin', but for the better"

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Although there have been a lot of personnel changes (primarily in Sales), the new leadership team from Yammer brings experience that's useful to the company. We already have people well versed in the video conferencing market, and now we have experts in SaaS and enterprise selling. It's a winning combination. It's by no means a relaxed place to work, but we're making progress and I'm having fun with my co-workers along the way.

Cons

The Sales team is seeing some turnover which is tough to watch, but this is pretty common amongst other companies I've worked at that have had major leadership changes. The people we're bringing in bright eyed and bushy tailed, but it's yet to be seen how they perform. I'm hoping for the best. Such is the life of being at a startup. Other departments are staying strong, so the problem is isolated at least.

Advice to Management

Some parts of the company are in flux, but please stay strong and lead us through. We have the right product market fit and we have a great team to get there. Let's keep pushing and keep this company a fun place to work.

"The golden age of Fuze has come and gone..."

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is still a good handful of extraordinary employees who work here and keep the culture alive during a massive growth spurt (though it is dwindling). The company WILL succeed, but at the cost of many talented individuals. The product is one that will be unparallelled in the industry, so anyone who actually gets hired on now has a great opportunity in front of them...so long as those typical corporate egos and the self-promoting mid and upper management teams can learn some humility, work WITH their teammates and promote the health of the community, not just the product and its sales.

Cons

It's a difficult time to work at Fuze. Much has changed, and IS changing and the old community-vibe that once produced self-motivated, creative thinkers has now become a unanimous robotic and blase work force without much unique energy. Fuze used to be a place where you worked incredibly hard and had a blast while you did it. Now, you have to talk your closest friends and coworkers off a ledge on a daily basis and it has little to do with the stress of a new brand and a new interface. There is no longer a Fuze family, but a Fuze army.

There's still a fairly vivid divide between veteran Fuze employees and those newly hired on with by new regime. There exists an odd delineation of people who have all worked together before at Fuze and who have all worked together before at Yammer, which is killer to the culture. Anyone who hasn't worked for Yammer fears for their job on a weekly basis.

Interviews are hardly interviews at all for former Yammer crew members, but for any incoming newbie outside of Yammer, you'd be lucky if you scored an interview at all. Those who have bled Fuze blue for years would likely never be hired today despite their level of loyalty and expertise, which leaves them feeling severely undervalued, severely underpaid, and severely anxious to go elsewhere and apply their incredible talent to a company that would value it.

Advice to Management

Can what you knew about Yammer. It doesn't apply to Fuze in an applicable way. Get your hands dirty, express humility and honesty, be empathetic and immerse yourself in the struggles of your customers, employees, and the industry leaders because you can change the interface and brand all you like, but if the foundational values of the company crap the bed, so too will the product and those who support it. Love your employees more than your product, because at the end of the day, they make or break the success of the brand, the product, the concept, and the execution of all of the above. And finally...pay your work force what they deserve. I make now, twice what I made at Fuze for a similar position, and every other offer I've received has fit a similar pay bracket. It makes me ill to think of the time wasted living paycheck to paycheck at Fuze to receive such little support both professionally and personally. Your value lies in those you elect to represent your company, so prove it.