G&K Services - Great pay, but contempt of management toward RSR's made morale very low | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for G&K Services

"Great pay, but contempt of management toward RSR's made morale very low"

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative
Former Employee - Route Sales Representative

Pros

Pay was great, Mon-Fri work-week, great pool of talented drivers, good products

Cons

Ancient trucks that broke down constantly. A hostile management that was relentlessly negative. Threats of firing and write-ups delivered constantly to the whole group, whether you were doing well or not. The management was constantly berating us about hours, while over-loading us with work. The routes were not sequenced intelligently, everything seemed designed to eat up time and make us look bad so the management could say we were killing them on over-time. Basically, the management were miserable leaders who only knew how to use negativity to get results. The management were all former drivers and apparently got their positions for their willingness to sell out, and look down upon, their RSR brothers and sisters. Also they would make horrible mistakes, lose customers, and then the RSR's would be blamed. The most shameless and incompetent management I've ever dealt with, by far.

Advice to Management

First of all, everyone in management at my particular location, should be immediately fired and replaced with professionals who know how to motivate, inspire, and lead human beings. This includes the Big Guy at this location. I have heard G and K is not so bad elsewhere. I would certainly hope so. Peace out.

Other Employee Reviews for G&K Services

"Stay between the lines"

Pros

Long term employees in plants, real desire to do the right thing

Cons

Do not deliver on promises to customers and no real systems to do so.

Advice to Management

Stop cheating customers and deliver what you promise. Constant price changes, and slight of hand will not lead to long term customer satisfaction. No one in the industry is providing top quality service - be the leader and set yourself apart.

"Sober up!"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

Good pay for the work.

Cons

Upper mgt. is risk adverse to move on sub-par performers. HR runs the company with an iron fist of subtle intimidation.
    Upper mgt. does not really know the business: The RSR is the post important player on the team. The company has not listened to the smart people that really know the business.

Advice to Management

Stop rolling out programs that sound good but bring no value. At the end of the day, you are washing dirty clothing.