G2 - Awesome place to grow your career, despite growing pains | Glassdoor

"Awesome place to grow your career, despite growing pains"

Current Employee - Employee Success in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Access to executives and senior leadership, benefits are awesome, people are very intelligent, fast moving business, lots of opportunity to try new things and explore your career.

Cons

A lot of the growth changes impact people who have been around for a while (eg outside hires installed as the new boss, structural changes, unprofessional behavior that was OK with a much smaller company is no longer tolerated); Some teams seem to be burning out while others are clipping along; some teams are more siloed than they should be; budgets are not at all transparent so buying things is like asking your dad for money; certain senior leaders appear out of their depth and instead of being open about this, they appear to shut down and get defensive.

Advice to Management

Empower front-line managers to make more decisions without having to get senior leadership approval; talk more about real things at the team (department) level rather than just relying on front-line managers to communicate things they are unclear about; think about structuring teams with less hierarchy (more team-of-teams, less “insulation” by hiring tons of VPs and then directors).

G22019-10-07

Other Employee Reviews

"Honored to have a seat on the rocket ship!"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for less than a year

Pros

G2 has mastered the community and culture aspect of going to work and truly enjoying who you're working with and where you get to work every day. G2 allows you to be an entrepreneur in your role, encourages you to challenge the status quo, and is overall a really fun place to work.

Cons

I believe their pay bands are slightly off for what a typical role may see elsewhere. I'm hoping this will change as we're now a rapidly growing 'start up'. They put a heavy focus on the perks available to you as part of your compensation, but as someone who doesn't necessarily use all the perks, I'd rather have the option to be compensated appropriately.

Advice to Management

Spend more time, energy, and resources on enabling current staff now that we've built up the teams. We need standards/processes put in place in order to ramp up new employees effectively and efficiently. Costs less to retain a customer than it does to attain a new customer.

G22019-11-20

"Growing Pains but Amazing Platform"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at G2 full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Buyers do come to G2 to read reviews about software Lots of white space at accounts to grow our product set Autonomy to do your best work

Cons

Its a difficult product to learn/understand The review content seems to be volume based instead of quality, think they are fixing that though

Advice to Management

Review quality probably needs to be a focus

G22020-01-10

Discover more reviews about G2.