G2 - Incredible journey turned sour | Glassdoor

"Incredible journey turned sour"

Former Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

I worked at G2 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great benefits including healthcare, fully-stocked kitchen, beer on tap, events, and more. - The majority of the company are very talented and driven individuals. - The journey taught me a ton. - Well-known and respected brand in SaaS

Cons

- No form of empathy. - Totalitarian-like dictatorship from newer c-suite. - Gaslighting from leadership. - Lack of thought diversity. - Illusion of transparency. - Abandonment of company culture and values in lieu of exiting ASAP. - Protection of certain* leadership by all means necessary.

Advice to Management

Embrace thought diversity and full transparency. Stop ignoring issues or deflecting them. When a question or criticism is brought up, discuss it. Put it on the floor to talk about. Don't hide it under the rug or punish the messenger.

G22019-11-20

Other Employee Reviews

"Honored to have a seat on the rocket ship!"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for less than a year

Pros

G2 has mastered the community and culture aspect of going to work and truly enjoying who you're working with and where you get to work every day. G2 allows you to be an entrepreneur in your role, encourages you to challenge the status quo, and is overall a really fun place to work.

Cons

I believe their pay bands are slightly off for what a typical role may see elsewhere. I'm hoping this will change as we're now a rapidly growing 'start up'. They put a heavy focus on the perks available to you as part of your compensation, but as someone who doesn't necessarily use all the perks, I'd rather have the option to be compensated appropriately.

Advice to Management

Spend more time, energy, and resources on enabling current staff now that we've built up the teams. We need standards/processes put in place in order to ramp up new employees effectively and efficiently. Costs less to retain a customer than it does to attain a new customer.

G22019-11-20

"Growing Pains but Amazing Platform"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at G2 full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Buyers do come to G2 to read reviews about software Lots of white space at accounts to grow our product set Autonomy to do your best work

Cons

Its a difficult product to learn/understand The review content seems to be volume based instead of quality, think they are fixing that though

Advice to Management

Review quality probably needs to be a focus

G22020-01-10

Discover more reviews about G2.