GAINSCO - Good place to work at | Glassdoor

"Good place to work at"

Pros

Smaller organization, less bureaucracy, more interaction between management and employees.

Cons

Pay is not competitive enough.

Other Employee Reviews for GAINSCO

1. "special place to work"

Pros

There is a greater sense of energy and excitement at GAINSCO than at any place I've ever worked before. Management listens and most people are happy to be there. It's an unique place to work. There is a sense that something important is being built, and that you are a part of it.

Cons

people work very hard, and that turns some people off. middle management is stretched kind of thin which can be a positive (you get to do more things) and a negative (you have to figure things out yourself)

Advice to Management

true profit sharing, and keep the culture of listening to employees alive. we want to keep wanting to work here!

"PD Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - PD Claims Adjuster in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - PD Claims Adjuster in Miami, FL

I have been working at GAINSCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone that has done claims before knows that it's not an easy Job. But having a great Manager in the PD side makes it all worth it. I've worked in many large companies before but I can definitely say That Sandy (Sandra Roman) is a class act and Gainsco is really lucky to have her as a Manager for the Property Damage Department. Thank You Sandy for making our difficult position a lot more stress free. She is strict but also so fair and is always there to hear you out. Love her honesty but also love her fairness. Her management skill are like none I've ever seen before. She cares about her team and backs them up 100%. Always looking out for her department and makes it a fun environment. I could definitely keep on going when it comes to the biggest pro why I choose to stay with Gainsco company but I definitely had to let it be known that if you accept a position in the property damage department you will definitely appreciate the Manager that runs that Department and makes our jobs a little bit easier..

Cons

Pay! I wish Gainsco can at least raise the Salary for the claim adjusters. Other then that the company is Great!

Advice to Management

Really all I can say about the company is that they really should look into raising up the salary just a bit. Level 1 reps $45-46k to start and Level 2's. 58,000. You have a lot of employees that really love the company and the great family environment that Gainsco has. Don't lose great employees due to pay. Either way I am here to stay and hope to grow with a Great company that definitely give employees the potential for growth.