GCC Technologies - a pretty good company... except the CEO | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GCC Technologies

"a pretty good company... except the CEO"

Former Employee - Deputy Manager in Taipei (Taiwan)
Former Employee - Deputy Manager in Taipei (Taiwan)

I worked at GCC Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well organized company with discpline

Cons

CEO is too tired, need some new one

Advice to Management

recruit a new, younger, talented CEO

Other Employee Reviews for GCC Technologies

1. "An OK Staffing Agency"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Washington, DC

I worked at GCC Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

About average across the board. Decent people for the most part.

Cons

Encourage truthful updates from contract employees without fear of termination if external site projects and managers are toxic and terrible.

2. "Family Owned / Operated NOT Family Oriented"

I have been working at GCC Technologies full-time

Pros

Some people like working for a family owned business--IF they treat you like valuable family members. I haven't found that to be the case with GCC. It's a way for them to get paid on the contract and a pay check for me. The only Pros I can find are monthly, they offer $ towards commuter benefits and the 20-year anniversary celebration was a nice fringe benefit.

Cons

I try to find positive things in all situations, so the positive is this is a paycheck. I took a 22K pay cut from my last job when I was laid off, but I didn't go long without work. The downside to taking this job--if you don't have earned leave, taking LWOP requires you to pay the company's portion of your benefits for that time period! Wait for it....AND this company does not advance leave either! So don't get sick, have to go for a doctor's appointment because there is no flex time to make up the time missed either.

It's hard to get anyone from the corporate office to return phone calls. And forget it if you are waiting for clarification in writing for direction when the client is screaming one thing and GCC is telling you to do something else.

I took the offer after a telephone interview with a vague description of what the position required prior to being hired then I found out everyone else I work with did too. Many applied for a completely different type of job but was offered this contract position. WHY??? We are people in a seat not really well matched to the skills required. As a result, it's been really hard to go into work every day. We have had a great deal of issues with the client because they expect skills that many of us don't have. We get blasted by the COR and there is no top cover from GCC. We've had more than 40% leave the contract in less than 6 months! That says something! Doubt very seriously if the option year will be exercised.

Advice to Management

Hire people with the right skills for the job. It might cost you more time and money than you think you can pay, so be prepared or don't bid on the work.

Move people into a better fit position on a different contract--especially when everyone is telling you the skills gap is hurting the others on the team.

Hold the client accountable. Don't let the COR tell you how to execute the contract! Push back when your most valuable resource --your employees -- are getting hammered and provide top cover.

Just do it! Don't tell me about all the great things you have planned when you know things move slow and it's going to take 6-9 months to implement it.

If you are going to bid and source for professional, highly skilled employees, take a hard look at your corporate image and reputation.