GCI - GCI is a company who cares about it's employees and tries to provide what they view as appropriate compensation. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GCI

"GCI is a company who cares about it's employees and tries to provide what they view as appropriate compensation."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Pros

GCI is very business oriented and employee minded. They provide competetive benefits and incentives and annually share profits with their employees when possible. GCI cares about their employee's families and offer time off when it's necessary. They also try to create fun events their employees can participate in and support the community with donations and allowing time off for employees to participate in community service.

Cons

I personally feel like I haven't been sufficiently compensated for the what I was hired to do and it was only recently that I figured this out.

Advice to Management

I think GCI is a great company but I also feel that compensation review should occur more regularly and that an employee should be made aware when not being offered the industry standard at the very least for salary. I, on the other hand, should have asked more questions. It's not completely anyone's fault. I do believe that GCI is a good company to work for.

Other Employee Reviews for GCI

1. "Very Nice Place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Engineer in Anchorage, AK

Pros

Great experience, leading edge technology, excellent coworkers

Cons

Middle management.. will not fire ANYONE.. focus on selling versus providing service

Advice to Management

Get rid of the 20+ year people, they are making your organization stagnant.

2. "GCI is better than ACS"

Current Employee - Director in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Director in Anchorage, AK

Pros

Great culture, Great benefits, Great State of Alaska

Cons

GCI is a great company to work for. If there were a down side, I'd say it is the size of the company.

Advice to Management

Great job on employee retention.