GE Healthcare - Great place knowledgeable co-workers forward thinking in terms of product line | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GE Healthcare

"Great place knowledgeable co-workers forward thinking in terms of product line"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Piscataway, NJ
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wealth of knowledge, decent middle management team, flexibility most of the time, very global

Cons

long hours, quarter to quarter goals, focus on this quarter results not the long term, too much separation in groups, sometimes staff is look upon as disposable.

Other Employee Reviews for GE Healthcare

"Fantastic place to work!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers trust the employees to do their job. No micromanagement. 3 weeks PTO. Christmas parties. 401k matching. Health insurance was almost nothing.

Cons

Really big company; you can get lost in the woodwork. Training was not great. There is online training that is annoying to go through. Lots of meetings. Little time to do actual work.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the meetings. Let us do our job instead of talking about it.

"Deceptive and Unethical Management"

Former Employee - Analyst, Commercial & Sales Analytics in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Analyst, Commercial & Sales Analytics in Princeton, NJ

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good location. Great salad bar.

Cons

Deceptive and unethical management. Management unwilling to invest in employees and very little desire to see them succeed. Was surprisingly let go after one month at this company and only 2 weeks of doing actual work, simply because my Excel skills were rusty. Was essentially lied to by my manager. Was only given 1 week of training and was expected to do my work flawlessly. Management more interested in working against you, rather than with you.

My manager seemed like he was more interested in appeasing his superiors and less interested in wanting to see his employees succeed. Management has typical "corporation" mentality; all about what can you do for me. Manager more of a boss mentality; does not care about employees. Very bureaucratic environment.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and allow ample time for your employees to mature into the position and to acclimate with operations/systems! Employment must be mutual, where there is potential to grow within the position and job responsibilities are equally challenging for the employee.

How can you manage with the perspective of wanting to see your employees fail?