GE - GE is a great company that treats interns like employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GE

"GE is a great company that treats interns like employees."

Pros

Great benefits, interesting work, global company

Cons

Can sometimes get lost in the shuffle

Other Employee Reviews for GE

"Great name... mediocre organization"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at GE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large organization with opportunities to move. Good place to hide for a career as long as you have decent performance appraisals.

Cons

Politically correct environment which is heavy on bureaucracy and work flows. Constant talk of "simplification" but have not seen anything other than lip service. Abundant job hopping, especially in management ...which is encouraged for growth (best route within the company) but horrible for business continuity. Matrix Organization intended to cause creative stress, but should be renamed to Siloed Fiefdom Organization to reflect reality. Also, bonus structure tied to unrealistic goals (20% increase in revenue for 2013? Really? Pure fantasy. For the record, we are down to plan by about 10%.... well outside of the bonus range unless you are in the Executive Band [EB]).

Advice to Management

Follow through... make the process more simple, but restructure matrix so one manager has some control and is able to set direction instead of hoping the collective does not have key individuals worried more about their career advancement as opposed to the organizational needs,

"The two happiest days of my (professional) life, the day GE hired me and the day I resigned."

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at GE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Compensation & benefits were decent
    - About 1/3 of the people you work with are truly pleasant to work with
    - The company name caries prestige

Cons

God, where to begin...
    - The majority of leadership I encountered were incredibly demanding of their subordinates, but rarely held themselves accountable for anything
    - Be prepared to spend a sizable amount of time per day on CYA activities; seriously this will become your new part time job
    - Get used to senior leadership having 'favorites' and God help you if you're not one of them
    - Do you like a 40 hour work week? Double it.
    - Don't care for profanity in meetings? No one cares, get used to it.
    - Need support from a leader to resolve an item at work? You'd better hope you've done something for them lately or it's not going to happen.

Advice to Management

Haha, as if they'd ever stoop to take feedback from their employees, seriously I laughed a bit to myself at the prospect of giving advice to those people.