GE - It was a great experience working for GE | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GE

"It was a great experience working for GE"

Former Employee - Risk Management in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Risk Management in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at GE full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working for GE provided a learning platform that has propelled me to achieve excellence in my professional life.

Cons

My time was too short. I would have liked to stayed with the company permanently.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for GE

1. "Good learning experience"

Former Employee - Lead Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Lead Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at GE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-life balance, work culture, trainings, great campus, highly talented peers, High on technology and innovation, compliance and values.

Cons

Poor Salary, non inclusive mid level management, Ever changing HR managers, growth is stagnant-unless you want to continue in the same role, frequent budget cuts.

Advice to Management

Focus on Engineers and Lead Engineers and their development

2. "Lots! - experience, challenges, opportunities, procedures, rules, employees....."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at GE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GE makes opportunities available for employees to take if they want. There are online courses, company subscriptions to business and management books and videos (all of which can be taken advantage of without needing the consent or knowledge of your manager),, and volunteering opportunities to give something back to the community as well as the more formal leadership programs. There are many opportunities for a person to improve their soft skills free of charge.

Cons

It's a large company with many rules and procedures and its unlikely you will be able to make a decision. Add several months to your expected decision turnaround time!

Advice to Management

Trust your local managers to make decisions for their business. Give guidelines if necessary. And if you don't trust them, get new managers. Don't keep all the decision making to yourself because you are making yourself into a bottleneck, and surely you don't want the pressure of doing it all?