GE - Great works nice people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GE

"Great works nice people"

Current Intern - Associate in San Francisco, CA
Current Intern - Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GE as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

A world class company to start my career. I am doing a project during last 3months at the Bay Area office. My manager really helps me a lot to improve my skills with the project.

Cons

Not much to complain. For a EE major, I would be my best choice

Other Employee Reviews for GE

1. "GE was a decent place to intern"

Former Intern - EID in Schenectady, NY
    Former Intern - EID in Schenectady, NY

I worked at GE as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid company, very stable, provides a divers set of businesses to choose from. Employees are generally young and welcoming.

Cons

pay does not make up for the hours of work expected. Union workers are extremely difficult to work with

"Difficult archaic culture with low employee respect at GE Transportation"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Erie, PA

I have been working at GE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GE produces incredible products, from jet engines to locomotives to MRI machines. It is a product company.

Cons

GE is made up of numerous divided and disconnected operations. The cultures vary depending on where the employee is. from an employee standpoint GE's business producing jet engines is A+ while GE's business producing locomotives is an F. So, if you are considering a job with GE, make sure you look at the operations as separate companies. GE medical and GE aerospace are recommended. Stay away from GE transportation, where the culture is hard and miserable and new comers are treated as second class citizens.

Advice to Management

Advice is targeted specifically to the management team in GE Transportation: Make faster decisions. Appreciate new ideas and new comers to your business. Get ahead of the technology curve by leveraging solutions from the automotive industry. Slow down on the continuous meetings with the same people, since nothing new gets invented within a committee.