GE - Great works nice people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GE

"Great works nice people"

Current Intern - Associate in San Francisco, CA
Current Intern - Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GE as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

A world class company to start my career. I am doing a project during last 3months at the Bay Area office. My manager really helps me a lot to improve my skills with the project.

Cons

Not much to complain. For a EE major, I would be my best choice

Other Employee Reviews for GE

1. "GE was a decent place to intern"

Former Intern - EID in Schenectady, NY
    Former Intern - EID in Schenectady, NY

I worked at GE as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid company, very stable, provides a divers set of businesses to choose from. Employees are generally young and welcoming.

Cons

pay does not make up for the hours of work expected. Union workers are extremely difficult to work with

2. "Huge company that is a little too diversified"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at GE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible effort and resources spent to develop leadership, in those that are nominated through the “Session C” process (yearly employee performance reviews). Good opportunities if you work hard and get results.

Cons

Way too internally focused on the short term numbers. Spend more time telling people above you what you did last period, and what you are planning to do next period than actually doing anything. Managers are not given the power to make decisions over what is their responsibility. Decisions only made after all other managers are in agreement, which requires multiple meetings over months and months.

Advice to Management

Stop talking about "Simplification" and actually make things simpler. Get rid of most of the “work flows” and allow your people to manage their responsibilities. Change the metrics so that we create long term value instead of making our quarterly numbers. We will never become a great company unless we look further than the end of the quarter.