GE - GE is a really great place to co-op/intern. I enjoyed my varied experiences each rotation. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GE

"GE is a really great place to co-op/intern. I enjoyed my varied experiences each rotation."

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at GE as an intern

Pros

For the most part, amazing managers! Each rotation co-oping/interning, you have the opportunity to pick a new position and new location if you wish. This was great to see different environments of GE and live in new cities.

Cons

I had one manager who was too busy to have a co-op/intern. I wasn't utilized as much as I could have been.

Advice to Management

Make sure every manager who is applying to have a co-op/intern is willing to spend that extra amount of time to mentor them. I truly benefited from that mentor relationship with all except one of my managers.

Other Employee Reviews for GE

1. "My time at GE , as an intern, helped me realize all the things that I do and don't want from my company"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at GE as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Large company with any resource that one desires

Cons

To many technologies under one roof reduces their collaboration and communication efforts. Employees are too jaded to continue to try all the technologies that keep poring in.

2. "GE - Accounting focused finance roles"

Former Employee - Finance Manager
    Former Employee - Finance Manager

I worked at GE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GE has some good development opportunities. The corporate programs and its Crotonville training center provide valuable experience to someone starting out his career.

Cons

Corporate programs breed a group-think mentality. Additionally they seem to develop managers rather than leaders. I witnessed people think more highly of themselves because of job titles rather than their own personal and intellectual merits.

Advice to Management

Don't blindly promote corporate program participants. It creates a culture of entitlement and group think.