GE - GE - Accounting focused finance roles | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GE

"GE - Accounting focused finance roles"

Former Employee - Finance Manager
Former Employee - Finance Manager

I worked at GE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GE has some good development opportunities. The corporate programs and its Crotonville training center provide valuable experience to someone starting out his career.

Cons

Corporate programs breed a group-think mentality. Additionally they seem to develop managers rather than leaders. I witnessed people think more highly of themselves because of job titles rather than their own personal and intellectual merits.

Advice to Management

Don't blindly promote corporate program participants. It creates a culture of entitlement and group think.

Other Employee Reviews for GE

1. "Spectacular first job"

Current Employee - Engineer/Technologist
    Current Employee - Engineer/Technologist

I have been working at GE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company, well known, amazing people (coworkers and management), lots of growth potential, excellent leadership development, a procedure exists for everything, CEO values permeate the entire company

Cons

Work-life balance can be difficult, benefits do not take additional education into consideration and lag behind industry after new-hire, sometimes the procedures are too restricting or not well defined, "support the customer" seems to mean do whatever they ask instead of aiding them in understanding the rippling effects

Advice to Management

Overall good job so keep it up. It's good that you are highly visible, but most of the time we see/hear you it's because of a problem you want fixed, sometimes the working level needs you to provide additional push on customer. Employee annual review seems like a bloated process but it works pretty well.

2. "Summer Internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at GE as an intern

Pros

Learned a lot, challenging projects

Cons

Work we did as interns didn't seem to matter at all, and the people we worked for actually let us know that, which was kind of a bummer.