GE - Sales person's point of view | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GE

"Sales person's point of view"

Pros

GE has a strong brand and overall a solid reputation. It's a good experience to work for GE.

Cons

They don't have a strong training program. They have a complicated compensation plan for the sales team and they are likely to change the compensation plan at any given time. Its such a large company (over 300,000 employees) and each division/business unit has the authority to run their own business which makes it difficult to work with other businesses that have their own goals and agenda.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with the customers and the employees who work with the customers on a daily business in order to have a better understanding of customer needs and to learn about how GE can provide more value to its customer base. Also, changing your sales team's compensation plan in the middle of the year is a terrible thing to do and its a bad way to retain your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for GE

1. "Hard working, Intelligent people"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at GE as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Worked as an intern an had the opportunity to work across many teams. This cross functionality allowed me to grow as a young professional and improved my skills in various areas. Many employees work hard and are willing to help out.

Cons

Some of the employees have been there since High School and lack outside knowledge of business. They are stuck in their ways and can only see one way of completing a task. Can become tedious,

2. "Great learning environment"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at GE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Multiple options for career advancement. I literally felt as though I could be anything I wanted to be in the company. They have a great training program and with the abundance of opportunities within the company, you are sure to find positions that fit your wants or tailor a path to your needs.

Cons

There are very many smart people that work here and you have to be willing to deal with the egos that come with this.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.