GE - Great people, culture and leadership. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GE

"Great people, culture and leadership."

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Norwalk, CT
Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at GE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, culture, challenge, benefits, and training

Cons

work life balance, uncertainty of hours

Advice to Management

Greta management!

GE Response

May 27, 2014 – Strategist

Thank you for the review. We always strive to improve GE. The feedback about work life balance is an area we are working on. Thank you again for this priceless information.

Other Employee Reviews for GE

"Great People, OK compensation"

Pros

People, first and foremost. Every person I have worked with has been willing to help on whatever I ask. The people are smart, courteous, and professional. GE is good at identifying talented individuals and training them for the next level. They have internal professional development courses from the individual contributor level all the way to CEO. Their leadership programs are second to none.

The work I do is challenging and mentally rewarding. I feel that my contributions truly make a difference to my team and my organization. Management is always supportive of me expanding my role.

If you are willing to put in the work, you can move up in this company; it is a true meritocracy. Also, there are 300k+ people working around the world in businesses ranging from lighting to jet engines. Chances are that if you want to do something, it is being done in GE.

Cons

Compensation. If you are truly excellent at what you do, chances are you can get paid more to do it somewhere else. I weigh that against stability and future advancement opportunities. Travel has been cut substantially to contribute to shareholder value. Positions are also being eliminated to simplify the company.

There is a perception that the company is old, outdated, and slow. People often talk about it like a huge ship: stable, but slow to react to change. This is true, but changing slowly as the company looks to lean processes.

Advice to Management

Your employee review system is great. You know who your top contributors are, so pay them accordingly. The attrition rate is particularly high for people out of training programs. They acquire skills and leave the company for more money after a few years.

The company values are right on, and I am glad that compensation is based on values and performance.

GE Response

Jun 3, 2014 – Strategist

Thank you so much for this very informational review. We are always working to improve GE and truly feel this platform allows us to hear transparent and real feedback from our current and past... More

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Logistics Project Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Logistics Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at GE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-ability to work from home
    -great coworkers
    - laid back office environment

Cons

- management constantly changes
    - continuous restructuring