GE - Good experience | Glassdoor

"Good experience"

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Stamford, CT
Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Stamford, CT

I worked at GE as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great brand and reputation. Excellent training programs. High quality people throughout the organization. Even if GE is not for you long-term, it's a great stepping stone to other opportunities.

Cons

Bureaucracy, which would be virtually unavoidable in a company of this size. GE handles it pretty well though, all things considered.

Advice to Management

Junior employees are eager to make a meaningful contribution and would benefit from more opportunities to do so.

GE Response

Jul 26, 2014 – Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you so much for your review. Very sound advice! We value this platform to show transparent feedback and help us to always improve.

Other Employee Reviews for GE

"Potential for Extra-Ordinary growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at GE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at GE in San Ramon for over a year and have witnessed unprecedented growth. While most of the product work is in the build phase, one can see the imminent monetization phase materializing pretty soon. It will the place the company in an unimaginable growth trajectory. You would want to be a part of this explosion - work on state of the art technology, solve problems at an amazing scale and get rewarded. Great benefits to go with it

Cons

No upside for the employee in growth

Advice to Management

The company should follow the west coast trend and allow employees who contribute to this growth, benefit from it - introduce RSUs.

GE Response

Jul 26, 2014 – Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the advice to management as well. This is a great platform for us to know how we need to improve and what we are doing right. Thank you!

"Not a good place to work for"

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at GE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary above industry average. Moving around different functions may be easier given the size of the company.

Cons

Nepotism, backstabbing, and discrimination ran rampant in the GE division I worked. Management is blatant about "company over family" philosophy. You have to be a "GE guy" otherwise you are out. The stock price was $50 fifteen years ago and now is $25, which truly reflects the direction of the company, going downward.

Advice to Management

Find a job outside GE and you may find good life after GE as I did.