KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee

Great place to work

Oct 4, 2021 - Sales Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are professional and easy to get along with.

Cons

Long hours, lots of travel

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

very diversified company

Sep 3, 2021 - Supervisor/Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

unique and challenging work with the ability to travel

Cons

not always super exciting work but certainly a good working environment and coworkers

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Why even hire?

May 27, 2022 - Project Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay if fairly good for entry level, people are nice, your own office. Thats about it.

Cons

Was hired onto GEA group to replace the role of a leaving project engineer, no wonder they left. In six weeks of working here I've been given zero work, Ive been in a total of 3 meetings, and have yet to be introduced to practically anyone. Onboarding was a mess, It took weeks to even get an email and computer, took excessively long to get necessary software on my computer. Manager is practically impossible to find. The written job description is also vastly different from what I told I would be doing my first week after hire (not that I have any work to do anyways). I was told I was able to work remote, but have been required to come into the office every day to sit and twiddle my thumbs for hours on end. The office is drab and the facilities are filthy. My advice, take the job and use the enormous amount of free time to search for another job while getting payed.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about GEA Group.

GEA Group Photos