GEICO - Lots of room to grow! | Glassdoor

"Lots of room to grow!"

Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Macon, GA
Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Macon, GA

I have been working at GEICO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, fair salary structure, fair promotions, work environment. I like that there is a lot of flexibility. I enjoy working with my management team, and feel the work I do is challenging and rewarding.

Cons

Not the best work/life balance

Advice to Management

Don't forget that people are people, not just numbers.

Other Employee Reviews for GEICO

1. "Ok. Satisfactory"

Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at GEICO as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

God people. God Pay. Overall a good experience.

Cons

Long working hours. Less clarity about processes.

Advice to Management

No advice.

"Dismal and Unprofessional"

Former Employee - LAN Administrator in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - LAN Administrator in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at GEICO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are always hiring, which makes for hope when you've just been laid off. The pay, while low, is decent if you're desperate. MY manager was very approachable and no-nonsense, I understand this isn't the case for the people in sales, underwriting, and claims.

Cons

The elementary school attitude that the management promotes does nothing to ensure professional attitudes within the company. It looks like a kindergarten classroom when you walk on the sales floor with toys, handmade posters, and 'rallys' being held for each section. Its like the company feels, 'if we make it fun, it'll be fun' but the effect is 'it looks like a child playroom here, so let's treat them like children.' Many people stay there for the fantastic profit sharing, but hate their jobs. I worked in IT, and it was filled with irresponsible 'technicians' who cared nothing for the quality of their work. It felt like going to work in a frat house with people coming in drunk, shouting, and womanizing comments constantly being made. Having been previously from a professional contractor setting, I was appalled and frustrated. Plus, there's rotating parking. They literally don't have enough spaces, so everyone has to park off site for one or two days a week. This can be as far as two miles away. While they have a shuttle that goes out there, it's completely up to you if that shuttle is late and your dependability gets pinged for being a few minutes late. You also have to badge into and out of every door except the bathroom. They know where you are at all times. I was miserable here and was quick to leave. A lot of people feel the same way, that's why they have recruiting events every Wednesday to replace all the people who reacted to the working environment at GEICO like a child to a hot stove.

Advice to Management

Do something to encourage professionalism in all areas of the company.