GEICO - Great company, good benefits, high expectations. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

"Great company, good benefits, high expectations."

Former Employee - Claims Service Representative in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Claims Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at GEICO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Dallas office, so I can only speak on behalf of that particular region. GEICO is a successful company, I'm sure you've seen the commercials on TV, heard them on the radio, and if you're reading reviews about it you'll probably start seeing ads pop up in your web browser. GEICO provides really good benefits to its associates, some of them were about as comparable for a civilian job to what I got in the military. The thing I always enjoyed was that the supervisors and management team were always willing to provide help and didn't make you feel like you were bothering them if you had a question. They also do quite a bit to acknowledge accomplishments both individually and as a team. Right as I left the company, the Dallas office did a massive shift realignment to ease some of the workload and make supervisors more available to their respective teams, which I'm sure has had good results.

Cons

I don't know if you can really consider this to be a con, but it's definitely something to keep in mind if you're considering working at GEICO: They have extremely high expectations of their associates. The job I did in CSR is a call center job and you are expected to be available at pretty much all times to answer incoming calls. They seem to have no understanding or tolerance of taking time between calls to finish up what you are working on. You are there to be a worker bee, and that is it. They are going to try to squeeze every ounce of work out of you that they can. Basically, efficiency matters above all else to them. Also, it is sometimes very difficult to get time off. Even if you try to plan 3 or 4 months out, it is sometimes impossible. I know that you can't always expect to get the time off that you want, but in an office with as many people as there are, it shouldn't be that hard.

Other Employee Reviews for GEICO

1. "Crappity Crap Crap"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at GEICO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Zip, Zero, Zilch, Nada, Goose Egg

Cons

You've got to Read Pro's, Lol.

Advice to Management

Stop hounding your employee's with minute details. You bring down the moral of the whole entire department(s). Getting a non a call because you didn't congratulate someone's new dog, which has nothing to do with why their premium went up is a bit much. Sick leave needs to be done away with, there is no point to having it, you call in sick and they count it against you. Its as if your suppose to know the next time your sick and plan for it. Just a crappy place to work at in general. The only cool thing about Geico are your co-workers and profit sharing.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Chevy Chase, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at GEICO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Good people. No micromanagement. Decent parties. Very friendly environment.

Cons

Better pay needed atleast for me