GEICO - Just a numbered seat filler! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

"Just a numbered seat filler!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at GEICO full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Thats the only good thing!

Cons

Micro managed. NO matter how good you do on a call there is alway a "but". You can be on a call for 20 minutes and the customer is satisfied, but one thing wrong fails the whole call. Expectations are to high. Management doesnt see you as a human, they see you as a number. You dont just handle a customers request, you then have to squeeze in so much other stuff that they didnt call for or ask for. Then your told to cut down your talk time. Hard to get time off. No respect for CSR dept at the Virginia Beach office at all, and hard to get out of that dept. if you get a chance to post for another position. Dont bother trying to ask supervisors for help either. If you call their desk phone they wont answer, even if you can see them sitting right at their desks. When a sup does answer they tell you to call another sup, that they are busy. If a customer asks to speak to a sup, forget about it. Most sups will just telll you what to tell the customer. Most HATED job I ever had................

Advice to Management

Treat your workers like people, not just your customers. Listen to what they are telling you and make real changes. The only changes you make are adding requirements to what employees have to do. They already have enough to do!

Other Employee Reviews for GEICO

"your just a number"

Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Woodbury, NY
    Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Woodbury, NY

I have been working at GEICO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

health benefits and pay only

Cons

they only care about numbers if you speak up you will never get anywhere. there is a big turnover there, they are always bribing us with money to get family and friends to apply. I don't know of any co-workers who take them up on it. Most people I run into on Long Island have either worked here or have heard bad things about working here and I can't even tell them their wrong. They will overwhelm you with work so you can never do everything right, they love to GIG you (mark you down - down code your files). A supervisor was heard telling another supervisor "this is how you get them" meaning how to down code employee files so they can make another supervisor section look bad and themselves look good. Good luck ever leaving on time. don't believe they have open door policy, it will be used against you, I witness that one.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your workers like children and nit picking everything, my co-workers and I work hard and we are nit picked to death for things that mean nothing to anyone except to some supervisor looking for a reason to get someone fired or moved because they fit into their click. We all joke it's like being in high school, and your supervisors and managers are just stepping on each other trying to look good for you or make the other look bad instead of doing whats right. I have seen thousands of dollars wasted due to lack of mgnt but we get in trouble for not putting a piece a paper that means nothing in a file a day later the what they wanted. it is seen as a critical error so they can mark you down on report card (High school). I told a supervisor about lots $$$ being wasted and tried to minimize the amount of it and I was blown off. keep wasting our time on unnecessary task, and your money then blaming us. your employees are unhappy which makes your customers unhappy, happy employees = happy customers = money saved. ask yourself why the big turn over in employees? I know of no one there who is happy or would refer anyone and I think that is sad. it's just a job so why would anyone do more then they have to.

"Not Satifying"

Current Employee - Claims Service Representative in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Claims Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at GEICO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Pay and Great Benefits.

Cons

Constant change that makes your job harder and less efficient rather than the opposite effect. Everything is based on number system, if you are willing to manipulate the system rather than do your job right you will move up quickly.

Advice to Management

Take notice of employees who actually do thier jobs not just get good numbers and promote on that quality.