GEICO - went from people oriented to sigma six/core matrix addicts | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

"went from people oriented to sigma six/core matrix addicts"

Current Employee - Experienced Adjuster in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Experienced Adjuster in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at GEICO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

benefits, profit sharing which has become suspiciously consistent and weakening

Cons

micromanagement....unrealistic goals racheted up mid-year, work flow ever increasing w/ adjusters getting all the work dumped on them

Advice to Management

good people leaving...being filled in by know-nothings fresh out of school at less cost. saving a penny to end up costing far more in human capital and service

Other Employee Reviews for GEICO

"Great company, good benefits, high expectations."

Former Employee - Claims Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Claims Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at GEICO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Dallas office, so I can only speak on behalf of that particular region. GEICO is a successful company, I'm sure you've seen the commercials on TV, heard them on the radio, and if you're reading reviews about it you'll probably start seeing ads pop up in your web browser. GEICO provides really good benefits to its associates, some of them were about as comparable for a civilian job to what I got in the military. The thing I always enjoyed was that the supervisors and management team were always willing to provide help and didn't make you feel like you were bothering them if you had a question. They also do quite a bit to acknowledge accomplishments both individually and as a team. Right as I left the company, the Dallas office did a massive shift realignment to ease some of the workload and make supervisors more available to their respective teams, which I'm sure has had good results.

Cons

I don't know if you can really consider this to be a con, but it's definitely something to keep in mind if you're considering working at GEICO: They have extremely high expectations of their associates. The job I did in CSR is a call center job and you are expected to be available at pretty much all times to answer incoming calls. They seem to have no understanding or tolerance of taking time between calls to finish up what you are working on. You are there to be a worker bee, and that is it. They are going to try to squeeze every ounce of work out of you that they can. Basically, efficiency matters above all else to them. Also, it is sometimes very difficult to get time off. Even if you try to plan 3 or 4 months out, it is sometimes impossible. I know that you can't always expect to get the time off that you want, but in an office with as many people as there are, it shouldn't be that hard.

2. "Pays very well but a very stressful work environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at GEICO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Geico pays very well, has good benefits, gives a lot away to employees

Cons

Goals are constantly increased, creates a very stressful work environment, sometimes they have unfair expectations