GEICO - Great Benefits | Glassdoor

"Great Benefits"

Former Employee - Auto Damage Adjuster in Tyler, TX
Former Employee - Auto Damage Adjuster in Tyler, TX

I worked at GEICO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, paid vacation, profit sharing

Cons

One on one training from your supervisor needs improving.

Other Employee Reviews for GEICO

"Great for someone who doesn't have other responsibilities"

Former Employee - GEICO Sales Representative in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - GEICO Sales Representative in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at GEICO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities
    Good people
    Training & Education
    Lots of shifts and overtime
    Good Benefits

Cons

Close quarters.
    No respect for work/life balance.
    Sometimes the "process" is a detriment to the "people".
    Lots of gossip, favoritism.

Advice to Management

Money isn't everything.

"The stress will give you a heart attack and other health problems"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

I have been working at GEICO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My Co-Workers and the overall benefits are decent. Profit sharing is NOT always awarded, but when it is I considered it to be back pay for all of the 1000 extra hours I put in with NO pay!!!

Cons

PIP managers are the most inexperienced and out of touch people. Most of them have never worked in PIP supervision let alone run a PIP desk before, but somehow they are all qualified to be a PIP Manager? An for the ones that might have worked a PIP desk/Supervise, it was so many years ago they certainly don't know the job now, nor do they care. The endless hours of work that must go into the job is like working in a sweatshop. If you want to get a decent rating for your work then you are required to work a 15 hour day (but you only get paid for 7.75 a day) 6 days a week and trust me you will still will not get through the work that is expected. I am personally an extremely hard working individual who has a very high work ethic standard and this job is a no win situation. Please note even though you accrue sick days, don't try to use it, or you will find yourself on written warning for going below the dependability ratio and it that happens you go onto written warning and you just lost any raise you thought you would be getting. So if you have no life outside of GEICO and you like extreme micro managing right down to how many squares are left on the toilet paper roll in the bathroom (because I am sure they have a spread sheet for that) this employer would be great for you.

Advice to Management

Prior to taking the big office, work the job that you are going to actually manage. (Like the show Under Cover Boss) This experience will humble all of you. It will give you a valuable insight of the actual job at hand for all that you are managing, examiners and supervisors alike. The reality is that the current managers in PIP either never worked a pip desk, nor supervised it within the last 10 or 15 years.