GEO Group - Great job with above average pay, stay away from Administration | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GEO Group

"Great job with above average pay, stay away from Administration"

Former Employee - Correctional Officer in Adelanto, CA
Former Employee - Correctional Officer in Adelanto, CA

I worked at GEO Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Above average pay
-Promotional opportunities
-Transfer options
-Great benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K

Cons

-Administration not on the same page
-Sergeants and Lieutenants too afraid to stand up for Officers

Advice to Management

All management needs to be retrained. They refuse to realize that they don't make the facility run like clockwork, the officers and support staff (culinary, case workers and grounds keepers) are what make GEO a great company. Management sets it back.

Other Employee Reviews for GEO Group

"Employment of three years with no growth"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Oakland, CA

I worked at GEO Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A full time job, and at times flexible hours.

Cons

Very questionable management, who treats the employees in a very unprofessional manner. There is no opportunity for growth, and pay increases were never given in the three years that I worked for the company.

Advice to Management

Look into your Oakland office. Management, especially at the director level treat their employees with very little respect and are constantly talking down to them.

"Could be a much better place to work."

Current Employee - Correctional Case Manager in Lawton, OK
    Current Employee - Correctional Case Manager in Lawton, OK

I have been working at GEO Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work with an excellent group of people who are very supportive of each other. Middle management supervisors are above average and attempt to assist as well as manage thier people. PTO is above average for most companies.

Cons

Low pay and no raises for non uniform staff in 5 years, 60 hour work load no overtime permitted. Caseloads are more than double what simular companies assign. Non uniformed are considered as support security and often pulled for that purpose with no leadway to complete our work, nor trained for security. Employees work under the "fear factor" princible and time is micro managed by GEO. Employees have been "walked off" for investigation and left there for up to 6 months with no pay. Pay is lower than what is averaged by this company. If you don't complete your work your supervisor receives a contact. Most of the people at our facility are actively seeking a new job.

Advice to Management

Give us a work enviroment that allows us to do our work, give us a raise, stop assuming the inmate doesn't lie and investigate before you walk people off. Stop micro managing our time, teach us how to do pat searches, cell searches, stand chow before you assign us to do it. Allow us the overtime to complete our work after pulling us for security.