GEO Group - All in all it was great to work with the people I did but there were a lot of problems as well. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GEO Group

"All in all it was great to work with the people I did but there were a lot of problems as well."

Former Employee - Correctional Officer in New Castle, IN
Former Employee - Correctional Officer in New Castle, IN

I worked at GEO Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The overtime was nice here when the state had none. They hired some good people as well making it fairly enjoyable.

Cons

They as a company really do not care about your safety or input. Even if its wrong, they are always looking for a fall guy putting a huge stress on all of the officers shoulders. The pay is also a lot less than the state employees get for doing the same job.

Advice to Management

Start listening to the men and women on the ground and stop looking at statistics to set policy and the company will run so much more smooth.

Other Employee Reviews for GEO Group

"Stressful"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Lawton, OK
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Lawton, OK

I worked at GEO Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in Corrections is a very stressful profession. The crooked management only made work even more stressful.

Cons

Hostile and unprofessional work environment

Advice to Management

Stop selling contraband and showing favoritism to certain employees

"Not a great place to work at all..."

Former Employee - Case Manager in Hobbs, NM
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Hobbs, NM

I worked at GEO Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and salary are the only things that made the job tolerable, but they like to threaten you by saying "You won't find a place to pay you this good;" which is so far from the truth!

Cons

Management: Plain and simple the supervisors are hypocritical and demeaning to staff. I have seen people cursed at regularly by so-called professionals (Wardens none the less). I was personally harassed by a warden and the issue even went to corporate, but afterwards I was harassed daily by other supervisors for 6 months until I just quit.
    Middle Management: Hypocritical power hungry people who relish in barking outrageous demands of their "subordinates."
    They like to say they are a team at GEO, but truth be told the environment is not friendly and there is no feeling of team only peons and those in charge.

Advice to Management

The senior warden needs to actually get involved in the facility instead of constantly being on vacation. I've never seen a company that allows it's head supervisors (who are all salary) to come in for an hour or two a day and that suffice as running a department and then allow them to take weeks at a time off.