GFI Group - I great place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GFI Group

"I great place to work."

Current Employee - Broker in New York, NY
Current Employee - Broker in New York, NY

Pros

Competitive pay and a great place for an aggressive broker to make a very good wage. great location on wall

Cons

can be very aggressive and a tough place for a shy

Other Employee Reviews for GFI Group

1. "Good company and great work environment but not much room to grow."

Former Employee - Customer Support in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Support in New York, NY

Pros

The flexibility in the area I worked to take care of personal things and, for instance, leave work early was great. The camaraderie between all the workers in my group was great also. The work environment was always professional but never stuffy or too strict. My managers were a pleasure to work for.

Cons

There was not much work to occupy my time, and the possibilities for advancement or leadership development were very slim. If you're a hard charger looking to really move up, then this might not be the company. However, GFI is a Wall Street company and did experience layoffs during the recent downtown. That certainly contributed to a lack of growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

More regular work feedback would be useful as well as perhaps a career roadmap of sorts. If the position doesn't provide much room for growth, it is important to communicate that to the interviewee.

2. "Credit broker"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Nice view. Nice building. Nice location. Nice perks with business expenses, dinners, events, etc. Stone street isn't far. Nice people.

Cons

Pay is not on oar with the rest of the industry. Certain managers can be abbrasive and not helpful as they should be.

Advice to Management

Raise brokerage fees to meet the industry standard. More lenient expenses policy would be nice. Managers should empathasize more with brokers