GGP - Typical corporation -- take the good with the bad | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GGP

"Typical corporation -- take the good with the bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at GGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had an OUTSTANDING supervisor who never micromanaged and completely trusted me judgment so she made this one of my favorite jobs of all time. I also thought the HR person who recruited me was just awesome to work with -- if either of these women asked me to come all the way to Chicago and paint their houses, I totally would. In a heartbeat. They were that good.

Cons

When my boss was on maternity leave, the replacement supervisor was absolutely terrible. She made rash business decisions that were hugely detrimental and when I tried to offer alternative ideas that were far more rational, she involved Human Resources and basically tried to get me fired. It was, hands down, the most unprofessional treatment I ever received. The HR person involved was also EXTREMELY unprofessional -- the the extent that I started audio recording our conference calls in the event they actually tried to terminate me. Luckily, my supervisor returned and I never had to work directly with the temporary supervisor again. I did have to work with the HR person again and she continued to be unreliable during my tenure there.

Advice to Management

I experienced the best and worst professional treatment of my life working for GGP. Why such extremes? Overall, though, I enjoyed my time working for GGP.

Other Employee Reviews for GGP

1. "Once a fun, good company, but no more"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GGP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance and good people to work with

Cons

Managament is out of touch with how low morale is after 19 months in bankruptcy

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and recognize that culture isn't changed overnight when new managment is hired

2. "Decent company to work for"

Former Employee - Property Accountant in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Property Accountant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at GGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company makes it easy for you to connect with other employees within GGP, so access to people and information is relatively simple.

Cons

The company was definitely spreading itself thin in regards to the on-site accounting positions. It would have helped if there was more visibility beyond just the property you were working for.

Advice to Management

Make sure that your staff, especially those in management type roles, are knowledgeable about their areas of expertise. Have a way for the General Manager of the property to oversee different departments to ensure quality.