GGP - GGP is a wonderful company that understands how to position itself for future growth while investing in their employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GGP

"GGP is a wonderful company that understands how to position itself for future growth while investing in their employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GGP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong C-level leadership that makes an effort to communicate with the employees.
Work volume is high but expectations are realistic
Work/life balance exists
Management is respectful and cares about employees
Ideas are welcomed and evaluated
Open, friendly atmosphere
Smart leadership with opportunities to learn and grow
There is a sense of trust and care about employees and their families
Strong sense of community with opportunities to give back and company volunteer days provided
Strong internal communication from C-levels which cascades down to Management and staff
Proud to have this opportunity and serve GGP for many years to come

Cons

Company functions similar to start-up things can change constantly so the culture is not for everyone.
New leadership brings new implementation and change at times not well received by staff

Advice to Management

Find Senior Management to be intelligent, respected and respectful. Encourage you to find ways to obtain more clear direction from your Executives which may help cut down on last minute changes.

Other Employee Reviews for GGP

1. "In flux"

Current Employee - Property Accountant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Property Accountant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair wages, relaxed work environment. Not micro-managed for the most part. Good benefits, solid 401k, gym facility in building, lunch program for discounted rates.

Cons

Constant procedural change, poor communication for changes. Large scale overhaul and combination of roles was left up to peer to peer training creating large scale inconsistancies on many processes.

Advice to Management

Training needs to be completed by managers, not peers.

2. "Great Place for Interns to Feel Part of the Team"

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Columbia, MD
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Columbia, MD

I worked at GGP as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was the only intern at the time, but I'm sure the team would have been just as supportive of each of their interns. From the first day, I was not treated as an intern to fetch coffee, but given real tasks that affected the company. I was given numerous opportunities to work on all levels with management, projects, and even conferences.

Another key aspect was the mentorship. It was highly important to me that the position not only allowed me to learn industry practices, but also had the mentor component. My manager really made sure to check on my task/duties and career goals.

Cons

As one of the former intern mentioned: The field of business is narrow. But if you can learn the concepts from each task, I think you can carry them into the future.