GHA Technologies - Great job if you enjoy selling and actually try | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GHA Technologies

"Great job if you enjoy selling and actually try"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Round Rock, TX
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reading the reviews from the former failed sales reps really motivated me to write this review. Especially the recent one about the person thinking of committing suicide. I feel really, really sorry that you would feel that way but you should never allow something like a job affect your personal happiness. If a job isn't right for you, leave. If you get fired, it's not the end of the world. A job does not define who you are or your happiness. I hope you get help and support from your friends and family and can live a happy life!

That being said there are always going to be positives & negatives with any job so I'll try to list them here for those thinking of looking for employment in sales at GHA.

First, the number 1 thing you need to succeed at GHA is motivation. Most of us work from home and you have to be motivated to actually work when there are so many other distractions & tempations working from home can bring. If you want a job that will make you 6 figures but you only have to work 1-2 hours a day, this isn't it. If you want a job where everyone will hand you clients and all you do it take orders all day and get paid 6 figures to do it, this isn't it. If you want a job where you can sit back and watch tv all day and just collect paychecks for doing nothing, this isn't it. If you are motivated, positive, and are willing to make phone calls to find new business, and visit local clients & make lasting friendships, this might be the job for you. I am a senior rep here at GHA and have been here over 6 years. I worked in a cubicle in a corporate environment in I.T. sales for 5 years before that and I can say honestly that this job was the best thing I ever could have found. Micro-management was killing me as a sales rep with my previous employer, and most inside sales jobs are that way. GHA gives you the ability to sell the way you want to sell with very little micro-management other than a sales report that takes very little time to fill out once per week. And that is only if you are struggling. If you are selling, GHA is happy, you are happy, they leave you alone and let you sell. They treat you like an adult and expect you to act like one. I personally love that approach but again, I reiterate that you have to be self motivated. If you are just starting out and do not have any existing clients, you need to make 50 calls a day to prospects minimum if you want to succeed. Since the job is strictly commission, you have to actually sell and can't rely on a salary to fall back on if you are not selling. I have mentored many sales reps over the years and the number 1 reason why they fail is because they are not willing to pick up the phone and talk to someone. I would suggest that every negative review from someone that is no longer with the company would have the same characteristics: they blame others for their failure when they sat back and expected business to come from thin air without any effort. Most sales reps that fail make 5-10 phone calls per day and after 1-2 months they leave. They were hoping for a job where business is handed to them and everything is done for them. To succeed at GHA you have to go out and get the business. Make phone calls and work hard until you have an established client base of regularly buying clients. If you do this, you can easily make 6 figures within 1-2 years and there is no reason why you can't make at least 50k your first year. If you already have an established client base that you can use, you should easily be successful and double or triple your income from your previous sales job. Overall I think this is a great job that allows you to avoid traffic (no commute!), spend more time with your family, make a great living, and make lasting friendships with your clients.

Cons

The cons are you have to actually work. You can't rely on others to make you successful. You have to follow-up with your clients regularly on their bills to prevent them from paying late which can decrease your commission depending on how late they pay. It is very hard for sales people with no existing clients to be successful because they are not willing to make the phone calls necessary to find new clients. You have to be good at multi-taking since you are basically running your own business with backend invoicing & problem support from the corporate office in AZ. You do get many emails per day that you have to go through but that seems to be the norm with almost all corporate jobs from what I have heard from other reps that came from other sales positions.

Advice to Management

I am happy for the most part with everything. You keep the sales reps happy by keeping our commission rate the highest I have ever heard of.

Other Employee Reviews for GHA Technologies

"Get paid what your worth as a VAR Account Manager"

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Access to all technology to sell hardware, software, services.
    Industry leading GP commissions and bonus plans.
    Outside sales and open territory and work from home opportunity.
    Empowered to create an account base and win business.
    Employee owned company plan in place.
    Financial terms and leasing options for clients available.
    Long-term Corporate Staff in place Marketing, HR, Accounting to support sales professional.
    Highly experienced sales professionals who help me when I ask for their help.
    Expenses reimbursed.
    Payroll two times a month.

Cons

Must sell to get paid.
    Must learn/comply with policy and procedures.
    Takes consistent work to successfully build a client base.
    Competitive industry.

Advice to Management

None for now.

"Former account manager"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none. Get a real job. You will be broke when you leave. I gave it one star because it was the lowest.

Cons

This job is a waste of time. Most of the new sales reps wash out in the first six months. There are few people making over $100,000, many under $50,000 even people that have been there for a long time. You assume all the risks of running a business. Any bill not paid after 30 days stops commissions. If never paid, you pay it back. Be prepared to work 12 hours a day. There are no benefits here. Insurance is available if you meet quota. I was not aware that any one in our group was able to meet quota or get benefits. They pay your telephone and give you an email. The sales volume of the Company does not mean anything. You are paid a per cent of the profit on the job. This can be 2-3% of the sale goes to the salesman. If you sold $1,000,000, this becomes $20,000. Not many in the Company sell $1,000,000 a year anyways. And prepare to be ridiculed and humiliated for your mistakes as the owner encourages mentors to share their opinions with others via email. Be prepared to use savings to pay your bills because your paychecks will be few. You will get fired at the whim of the owner. You can get hired here easily because you work for free and you cost them nothing. And they even pressure you until you quit or get fired.

GHA Technologies Response

Feb 13, 2013 – Manager, Corporate Recruiting/HR

Thank you for your input, however, it is relatively innaccurate. Of note: Approximately 30% of our Sales Professionals exceed $100K in income, with our top Sales Professionals exceeding $300K ... More