GHA Technologies - Demoralizing corporate philosophy, poor leadership, and an all-around exploitative and unpleasant workplace. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GHA Technologies

"Demoralizing corporate philosophy, poor leadership, and an all-around exploitative and unpleasant workplace."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Money, pure and simple. If you have exceptional sales talent and - most important of all - if you have a book of business with established clients, you can make in excess of $100,000 a year.

Cons

Too many to list, but here are a few:

1) Owner/founder/president is a micro-manager with a remarkably inflated ego and little regard for his sales reps. Example: every rep is required to submit a weekly email to the owner outlining activities & accomplishments; be prepared to have your email blasted to all the other reps with harsh criticism by the owner. No privacy, no respect, maybe even a few HR issues as a result.

2) Reps work out of their homes, except for a few at AZ HQ, and all are on full commission with a recoverable draw. Owner did not bother to observe wage and hour regulations in the states where reps were located, resulting in gross under- or non-payment of minimum wage, and has even tried to recover draw paid to reps who quit or were fired (which may be against the law in some states). Is this someone you want to rely on for a paycheck?

3) Most communication among reps and management by email is "cc:"d to everyone, and you should be prepared to sift through 100-plus internal emails a day - in addition to the 100-plus emails from clients and vendors. A major time-waster, and an impediment to effective selling.

3) The "sales strategy" changes every month, sometimes every week. They are triggered by whatever the "hot issue" of the day is on TV or in the papers. For example, when Swine Flu was a hot issue, we were lectured constantly about how much money we could make selling washable keyboards and mice to health care institutions and schools, and what a great door opener it would be. When I tried this lame approach my customers a) laughed at me and b) stopped returning calls ...

4) The comp plan changes even faster than the "sales strategy" with more and more gates, hurdles, and conditions slapped on so that it takes a degree in math to figure it all out. But the bottom line is that compensation overall has dropped by 10% to 20% for the average rep over the past couple of years.

5) Many reps who join the company with an established book of business (contacts / customers) have been fired with little notice (and little apparent cause) after working for GHA for less than a year, sometimes only a few months. The customer relationships they brought to GHA are then handed out to the GHA reps with most longevity (or who suck up to the owner). Grossly unfair and exploitative.

6) The office staff at AZ HQ act as if they are terrified of the boss, and scurry around like scared bunnies. The most bizarre office environment I have ever witnessed (during my week of training at HQ).

Advice to Management

Why bother? You'll never listen to this advice. But just for the heck of it:

1) Step back and get out of the email exchanges and micromanagement of sales reps.

2) Structure well thought-out policy, strategy and compensation plans - then let others execute on them.

3) Hire an experienced operations manager / GM and help them help the reps to succeed - if you do this, there will be plenty of money for everyone at the end of the day.

4) Hire a *real* law firm that can structure compensation plans that comply with the laws in all states where you have a corporate presence or sales rep.

5) Stop terrorizing your office staff with rants and intimidation. If you do, they will become you best assets in the entire company. If you don't they will eventually turn into your worst legal/HR nightmare.

Other Employee Reviews for GHA Technologies

"Great Place for Minions!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in None (Italy)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in None (Italy)

Pros

Really can't think of any. I guess if you're a beginner and eager then it might be the perfect place for you.

Cons

If you have a high IQ or lots of real, and successful, professional experience you don't want to work here. The owner has a super-sized ego and knows everything. Just ask him! Brown nosing is so bad you would think you're back in high school or, in this case, jr high school. Simply couldn't work in an environment where creativity is invalidated and knowing that the job I should have taken with them was as an outside business consultant for their organization. Wow, it really needs a LOT of work! I found something illegal taking place that they had been doing for years and didn't ever know it was illegal!! (Wow, that should have told me right off the bat how knowledgeable they were.) Heard a story from the owner's mouth about a dumb mistake they had made a few years back and was SHOCKED that ANYONE would have been stupid enough to do what he did!! Cost him thousands! Yet, this genius thinks he's smarter than anyone!

If you are happy simply doing just exactly what you're told to do and are a great minion, then this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Get a job elsewhere.

GHA Technologies Response

May 26, 2015

GHA has been in business for 25 years now and there are zero suits liens or judgments against gha or against myself personally. GHA manages $15 million in monthly credit, does an incredible amount of... More

"The Grass IS Greener on the Other Side"

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time

Pros

Please refer to the title of the review.

Cons

When I left, the manager told me something along the lines of, "well, the grass may not be greener on the other side". I was appalled on the fact that someone in management would even say this to an employee who was kindly resigning and giving them the proper notice.
    There are better jobs out there: the pay, better environment, and co-workers are happy to assist you! Thank you GHA, the little experience I received let me obtain a job that I absolutely love now!

Advice to Management

Think before you speak.