GNC - Great Experience | Glassdoor

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vega Alta, PR
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vega Alta, PR

I have been working at GNC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company
Excelent Products
Good Comissions
Best Sports Nutrition Company in the World

Cons

No Full Time jobs at my store

Other Employee Reviews for GNC

1. "I've worked for gnc for 3.5 years"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at GNC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free products, good discounts, good expierience, learn a lot.

Cons

Whatever you do it's never good enough.

Advice to Management

Help us managers find new employees easier, train the employees and current managers better. If someone is struggling help them to perform better, don't fire the. I've seen managers of 8+ years get fired because of "numbers". Your job is not secure here with GNC & that keeps a lot of employees on edge. Gnc puts a lot of pressure on our sales associates and takes away from the whole principle of this job.... To help people live a better life. I love my customers, but I can't keep selling them things that they want.

"Sales Associate"

Pros

It's slow 3 weeks out of the month so you can read, watch movies on your phone or veg out.

Cons

The company is psycho about sales goals. The company spends most of its time training the customer to only shop one week out of the month. Do the math, three weeks of selling a bottle of water over a 5 hour shift doesn't allow you to meet the absolutely crazy goals to keep your job. They keep revising the % needed to meet standard and forcing you to stop actually trying to help customers and their concerns and more of a used car salesmen situation. It becomes a situation where if someone isn't buying an item that doesn't help your goals you don't want to help them. Your job is on the line over multi vitamins and chewy C screw someone who actually needs help.

Advice to Management

If you're margins are so small that you can't actually be a health store that helps customers with their actual problems instead of lording over employees to push items that aren't needed at the end of a gun then fix your business model.