GNC - Great job for part-time | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GNC

"Great job for part-time"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

Pros

They work around your school hours, pay is not bad considering the chances for promotional money, plenty of stores so you can work near your home.

Cons

Not enough product knowledge, old technology that at least some stores are still using. Sometimes the managers are way under-qualified.

Advice to Management

Don't hire managers who are too young and not educated enough to handle the responsibility.

Other Employee Reviews for GNC

"The truth about working for GNC (corporate)"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Skokie, IL

Pros

-Supplement discounts at stores
    -Learn alot about nutrition and getting in shape
    -Meet people (employees or customers) with like minded goals

Cons

The hourly wage is horrible at corporate stores and the only way you really can make money at that company is if you work at a store that has high sales volumes, foot traffic, and high net worth clients. The commissions is what will help you get anywhere from $10-$12 hourly. If you are looking for learning about nutrition its a good job, besides that it's horrible pay and management.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees properly, give them a raise if they are performing better then other districts, and invest money in your stores. Quite being so stingy on your POS systems and safety equipment (cameras and security alarms) .

2. "pay me what im worth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vincennes, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vincennes, IN

Pros

few things like the freedom. the flexible work times, my job is fun infact i rarely think of it as work or a job. duties for this position are a breeze for me, mainly because im good at what i do. numerous skills of mine are applied. i guess my job is really no diffrent from the rest of my everyday life, which i enjoy every moment of.

Cons

i do not get paid for my worth. im becoming a good salesman, im great at getting customers to buy product. i do not get paid for my sales ability. im upset with myself, would feel much better if i was paid in commissions rather than hourly wage

Advice to Management

if you have someone working for you as a sales associate, that knows there stuff, great with perfered customers and newbies to the supplement world. work half as much and move twice the product then (owner/manager) or top sales person, compensate them with generous commisons or a form of promotional money %. translates in to more products sold and larger dollar amouts transaction.