GSW Marketing & Advertising - Not bad, was once better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GSW Marketing & Advertising

"Not bad, was once better"

I have been working at GSW Marketing & Advertising full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance. Good compensation. Company mantra is just what this niche needs, so very badly.

Cons

Quality of work seems to be stagnant. Some clients have become absolutely horrible. Lost many, many pitches. And corporate overlords are slithering their way in more and more each day. There just isn't enough of what made GSW unique before they were bought.

Advice to Management

RETURN to what we did well 2,3,4,5 years ago. Stand up to the mothership. Demand that we keep our soul. Because they don't know advertising, don't understand the culture, and will strip us of everything that made us great.

GSW Marketing & Advertising Response

Feb 23, 2017 – VP Agency Operations

Hi. Thank you for the positive comments around our culture and the focus of our company! We appreciate balance and are driving to make sure our work “speaks” every day. We also appreciate you taking... More

Other Employee Reviews for GSW Marketing & Advertising

"Vice president"

Former Employee - Vice President in Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Vice President in Westerville, OH

I worked at GSW Marketing & Advertising full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GSW has the smartest people I have worked with anywhere and that is saying something with a 20 plus year career that has taken me from coast to coast.

I appreciate that the organization invested in senior talent in my career I've rarely seen a firm staffed with many team mates over the age of 35/40 - here there are many and that's appreciated for their insight, maturity and professionalism.

They pay well.

Cons

Since being acquired the holding company has a unrealistic and frankly idiotic focus on billability - their stated objective is 100% and that means 1900 + billable hours EVEN if you have earned vacation.

Creative leadership has slowly degraded to the point that I have seen out right plagiarism, it's embarrassing and shocking - literally senior creatives saying "legal review says we are OK" I mean the fact that we're lifting work and asking for the review SHOULD tell you something.

The pressure to sell-up is getting is to the point of embarrassment - we are losing our role as trusted advisor . . . "would you like fries with that?"

Advice to Management

Management is lost . . . physical relationships with staff

Political maneuvering is obvious and rampant clearly fear based.

So many clinging, it essentially looks like a bad season of survivor

GSW Marketing & Advertising Response

Mar 9, 2017 – VP Agency Operations

Hello. Thank you for the positive comments around our people. You are absolutely right– they are awesome. We also appreciate you sharing your other comments as well. We are always looking to evolve... More

"Great place to work"

Pros

Once you learn the process, and adhere to the process its a pretty easy job.

Cons

It's hard to get a raise or promoted. I wish I would have negotiated more up front.

Advice to Management

Career development seems to be low priority, with so many young employees I would recommend being more proactive in career growth