GTB - I began as an intern and was hired on full time at the end of the intern program. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GTB

"I began as an intern and was hired on full time at the end of the intern program."

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Dearborn, MI
Current Employee - Research Analyst in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at GTB full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Getting the chance to work with and learn from a ton of very talented people
-Opportunities for training (mostly as an intern, but you can request training for particular areas as a regular employee as well)
-Great environment-- very relaxed atmosphere, ability to work both at or away from your desk, nice people, comfortable/aesthetically pleasing building, decent location (close to restaurants and stores when needed), many vacation days
-Good reputation-- people know the company name and respect those who have worked here

Cons

-Lack of communication between various departments. Also little knowledge or understanding of other roles within the company.
-Open office environment can be a distraction to those who prefer to work in quiet solitude.
-Difficult for employees to grasp the structure of the company (i.e. who reports to who, who I ask about various needs, etc. outside of one's own team).
-Politics on how to frame certain communications to clients.
-Poor compensation, difficult to negotiate salary, difficult to make it to full time status (many employees are contracted for a limited timeframe).
-Large corporate organization leads to many nuisances: securing legal approval, completing mandatory training sessions, too much paperwork.
-Can be fast-paced and stressful at times (pressure typically felt during big name campaigns), however timelines are nearly always delayed far longer than initially expected.
-Not a lot of time for training (though there are opportunities), people are often too busy to immerse themselves in something new.

Advice to Management

-Increase communication flow between departments.
-Provide ample opportunity for professional development (i.e. training), and properly compensate hard work (learning/advancement, work on high-pressure campaigns, etc.)
-Properly communicate required timeline for a given project.

Other Employee Reviews for GTB

1. "Exciting first job in the advertising industry"

Current Employee - Assistant Media Planner in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Media Planner in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at GTB full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Surrounded by smart, creative and hardworking people.
    Lots of time off, company holidays, and "summer fridays."
    I've never had to take work home on nights/weekends.
    Company seems to value a work/life balance.
    Office culture is very relaxed.

Cons

Low starting pay, no opportunity for raises.
    Company loyalty doesn't seem to be a priority to many people- which is difficult for me to connect with.
    Agency procedures seem to be very slow and drawn out. Not a lot of quick turnaround.

Advice to Management

It would be great if upper management could hold monthly, briefings with the entire department to go over strategies, goals, what's working, what isn't, awards, etc.

2. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Creative Intern in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Creative Intern in Denver, CO

I have been working at GTB full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience being involved in commercial campaigns from concept to post production. Everyone in the office is very helpful and informative about the industry.

Cons

Work can be a little tedious and repetitive. Additionally a lot of time interns can be unclear on what they should be working on. Would have enjoyed more time watching and learning post production.

Advice to Management

I feel I would have benefited from more communication from management about goals and expectations.