Gabriel&Co - It was a living HELL | Glassdoor

"It was a living HELL"

Former Employee - Account Executive
Former Employee - Account Executive

Pros

The jewelry was similar to the better brands...

Cons

Everything...From the top to the bottom..........

Advice to Management

What Management?

Other Employee Reviews for Gabriel&Co

"Gratifying experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Gabriel&Co (More than 5 years)

Pros

My overall time at Gabriel was rewarding and helped me grow my career. The people, atmosphere, and culture are the reasons I worked here for so long. They gave us all the resources we needed to succeed on a daily basis.

Cons

With every job, there are challenges. Nothing different about this one. With such approachable managers, all my issues were resolved in a timely manner

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in people that want to grow and better themselves. It would have been nice to see more fundraising events.

"PTSD Survivor...NOT joking at all!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Gabriel&Co full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You meet lifelong friends here. A lot of the workers have so much talent. You learn quickly. Still small enough where there's a good amount of cross-departmental functionality.

Cons

CEO and VP (both brothers) have anger issues. They blow up at unexpected times and for reasons you think would actually please them. Fear of messing up all of the time. Fear of eating in the kitchen because it became a meeting area if the brothers entered. Fear of talking to other coworkers because you can't be productive and move your mouth. Fear of getting yelled out about things that were out of your control. Fear of coming in late(due to unforeseen circumstances). Fear of leaving on time(5:30pm). Fear of coworkers throwing you under the bus. Fear of management not understanding that it's not a healthy work environment. Fear of HR not being a real HR and taking issues seriously as they should. Fear of losing your job every day. Fear of not being able to express yourself freely. Fear of looking at your cell phone and it being mistaken for you not working. Fear of taking a full hour lunch. Fear of being emotionally abused by the brothers monthly, weekly, daily!

Advice to Management

STOP micromanaging already! It gets old and we see you circling around like a shark in a tank along with your minions (their spies when the brothers aren't in the office). If you believe you hired the right people to hire your workers, then trust your employees. We already live in TRUMP's society, let's not have it in the workplace too!