Gale - Back in the old days, I would have rated it higher | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gale

"Back in the old days, I would have rated it higher"

I have been working at Gale full-time

Pros

Great co-workers. The new CEO and upper management really seem to get it and make people excited when we hear them speak. They know the business and it sounds like they know where to take us!

Cons

If the above observation about empowerment and going in a new direction doesn't trickle down to mid-level management, things will be bad. There is no sense of empowerment, stupid work processes are forced on the people who have to use them, but then those people have no input on those processes. The whole atmosphere in the department I work in is just oh, that's the process so just deal with it. I've never been so frustrated as I have the past year or two my whole time at Gale. Senior management got five stars from me but if mid-level managment could get rated, they would get no stars.

Advice to Management

Get rid of many of the mid-level managers (team leaders and directors) who have been around forever. They are not forward thinkers and tend to not stand up for there employees, but just take whatever is dished out with no questions or the sense of trying to streamline or improve things. Listen more to the people in the trenches. There are SO many fresh and innovative ideas for doing things but if they stop at a director or team leader, what good is it?

Other Employee Reviews for Gale