Galesburg Cottage Hospital - Registered respiratory therapist | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Registered respiratory therapist"

Current Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Galesburg, IL
Current Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Galesburg, IL

Pros

GCH is as small town critical access facility. We are able to get to know all our coworkers and patients and work in a family-like atmosphere.

Cons

Being on the small side, some of our patients get shipped out to larger facilities which are more capable to fulfill the needs of the patient.

Advice to Management

We need to focus on providing the best and most comprehensive outpatient services in the surrounding area to be able to be competitive in the marketplace.

Other Employee Reviews for Galesburg Cottage Hospital

1. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Caring passionate physicians, some nurses do actually care about the patient.

Cons

Supervisors are rude and don't communicate properly. Administration don't listen to staff.

Advice to Management

Your staff is important, you won't keep good staff with supervisors and managers who don't listen and don't care.

2. "RN"

I worked at Galesburg Cottage Hospital full-time

Pros

Veteran nurses that have a ton of knowledge they can share with new nurses. Competitive salary and benefits. This hospital was involved in many community projects.

Cons

At the time I worked there, they where VERY short handed and nurses were taking on too many patients at a time. The veteran nurses as mentioned above where too busy to share their experiences with new nurses. The locked pediatric unit was just a storage area. It should have been opened and kids should have been taken care of in there.

Advice to Management

My immediate supervisor was great and she tried to make everyone happy and I don't think that is possible to do so. But she tried. She had faith in her new nurses which made us feel valuable then. My only advice is to keep hiring nurses.