Gallagher - Exceeds Expectations! | Glassdoor

Featured Review

"Exceeds Expectations!"

I have been working at Gallagher full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Publicly traded company with an appreciation that employees are their most valuable asset
Work environment reflects family values with The Gallagher Way tenets well displayed and embraced by the leadership team
Talented employees that are really smart and eager to help you learn
Bright and inviting Gathering Room with fresh coffee, cappuccino or espresso all day long! And they even provide almond milk which makes me smile. Fresh fruit and unlimited filtered water.
Various employee engagement events

Cons

Honestly I can't think of any. While I may still be in my honeymoon period I am very aware that there are frustrations when you have a more detailed work process. I accept that and prefer to work in a corporate environment that reflects solid business reasons to support their high standards and benchmarks.

Advice to Management

Thank you for hiring new talent! I am sure there are more talented people in the marketplace who would welcome the opportunity to be a part of the Gallagher team. The progressive nature of the company makes AJG an exciting place to work. Never stop striving for improvement!

Gallagher Response

Jun 9, 2017 – Digital Marketing Analyst

We definitely agree with you that our employees are talented and helpful. We’re happy that you found your way to us and are having a great experience. What you shared goes to the heart of The... More

Other Employee Reviews for Gallagher

"The Truth about AJG"

Former Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Billings, MT

I worked at Gallagher full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I would like to preface that this is probably the most honest assessment of this company on glassdoor. I've thought a lot about what I would write after my 4 years working at AJG. It has been an eye opening journey. While the positives are far outweighed by the negatives, there are a few positives:

Management is typically disinterested at best. They love making your problems worse. So, if you don't bring them any problems, your life will be better.
    This hands off approach often leads to the development of individualism. Which is awesome until a new manager comes in and you go through a readjustment period that closely resembles the Shawshank Redemption.
    If you never ask for anything other than your salary, life won't be that bad. When you reach for the stars is when you will be hammered back to Earth. For those that aspire to not much else, this can be a positive.
    The bonus pool is easily determinable. Whatever your branch needs to make 10% growth will be taken from you. Consistency you will have.

Cons

There are no resources. You will be asked to sell a mirage. This company can neither provide most of what it says or cannot keep the talent necessary to provide it. Subject matter experts leave after realizing that this company is a perverted version of Mad Men.
    How many Vice Presidents are enough? We all know you late stage Baby Boomers didn't save enough for retirement but how much longer must we suffer under your draconian, selfish management style? Why does our organization look like a model? Thin in the middle and top heavy on the other sides.
    When will you actually care about your employees? You recently started paying for car mileage. Yet, we're supposed to give you kudos for not being a bad corporation and now paying for miles? At 2/3's of what the IRS recommends I might add. So, you're now not the Charles Manson of employers, good job.
    This company loves to tell you that you can get rich. What a load of crap. If you can get rich, do it somewhere else! You'll be lucky to get 12% of anything you sell. And your life will be hell.

Advice to Management

Nothing to say.

"Horrible company ."

I worked at Gallagher full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Sorry, but I can't think of any good reason to work at Arthur J Gallagher.

Cons

They acquire smaller agencies and tell you nothing is going to change. Once the acquisition is completed they start letting people go .
    AJG makes billions each year but does not give raises.

Advice to Management

Take care of your loyal employees.