Gallup - Disapponted. Gallup does not practice what they preach in any way, shape or form. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gallup

"Disapponted. Gallup does not practice what they preach in any way, shape or form."

Former Employee - Engagement Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Engagement Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were some very bright and enjoyable people in the Gallup talent pool during the time I worked there as an Engagement Manager. I have heard that the Irvine, CA office is a good place to work.

Cons

Very few people stick at Gallup. Almost nobody from my Consocciates class still works at the company. The DC office is rife with bad politics. There are two sets of rules, one for favored, tenured employees and another for the rest of the world. Unfortunately, it isn't presented that way... more like you can chart your own career, be your best authentic self, succeed on your terms and work a flexible schedule. All of this is complete rubbish and will get you canned faster than you can say 'fired'. DC was like a revolving door with long term senior management and the rest of us, who were minions.

Advice to Management

I don't believe that Gallup Senior Management cares what any employee has to say. Gallup preaches employee engagement, but they don't practice it. Please read your own publications and adhere to your own recommended best practices.

Other Employee Reviews for Gallup

"Not at all what they preach."

Former Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup full-time

Pros

Experience for your resume, and getting to offer at least some support to the people you manage through treating them respectfully and as people (even though this sometimes comes at a high cost)

Cons

Hostile work environment, fear of losing job, working 70 hours/week, "professional" co-workers and supervisors more concerned about drinking and fashion than their jobs, seeing workers below you treated poorly, being asked to do things that were just bordering illegal (like telling people not to take their breaks because they would get paid less, being pressured to not hire pregnant women, hiring based on race, etc.), very little support, looked down on for wanting a family life or balance, having middle aged men with no families get special treatment, having confidential information shared about others with me that should not have been, being told to work ten additional weekend hours on Friday, yelling during manager meetings, and much, much more.

The interviewing department probably is the worst. Most of the managers I worked with while I was there were on anti-depressants, on anti-anxiety medications, had stomach ulcers or other stress-related illnesses, etc.

I was a manager, but I believe the interviewers have it even worse.

Advice to Management

Read your own books and start practicing what's in them.

Advice to upper management: let go of some of your interviewing leadership who work at the Riverfront.

"Good environment bad pay"

Current Intern - Systems Applications Developer in Madison, WI
    Current Intern - Systems Applications Developer in Madison, WI

I have been working at Gallup as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are friendly and smart, generally a positive environment to work in.

Cons

Pay is not good. Work pase is pretty slow. In general not very productive.

Advice to Management

Be more involved