Gambino's pizza - Great hourly job | Glassdoor

"Great hourly job"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Manhattan, KS
Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Manhattan, KS

Pros

Free pizza at the end of shifts, good hourly pay for someone looking to work in an industry like fast food, and delivery tips on top of 7.50 hour is always nice.

Cons

Where i worked you had to have superiority in the company to get off the times you wanted. I worked in a college town so time off for holidays and spring break was hard to come by.

Advice to Management

Take in more considerations when deciding to give people time off from work. Pay managers more for being promoted because no one wants to be promoted and make less.

Other Employee Reviews for Gambino's pizza

1. "Don't go near the place"

Former Employee - Cook in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Cook in Arlington, TX

I worked at Gambino's pizza part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I could come up with is that they employed me long enough for me to find another job.

Cons

The place is dirty. You work very few hours. It's minimum wage. The roof will leak for three days after a light rain. The management doesn't care at all about food safety regulations.

Advice to Management

Get a food handlers license. Internalize the lessons. Make the employees get food handlers licenses. Enforce the food safety guidelines. Value the health of your customers and employees.

2. "Great Pizza, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Cashier, Pizza Maker in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier, Pizza Maker in Detroit, MI

I worked at Gambino's pizza part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pizza is the best I've ever had and the overall experience was a good one. The training was simple and I was able to pick up the flow very quickly.

Cons

You are your role and that's it. I was unable to give advice to the owner in terms of marketing or when I actually did my advice was shot down or held into account with very little value, despite me having experience in social media marketing. Most people were scared of him instead of actually respecting him and knowing that this is a person that they could go to if in need of assistance. Coworkers took advantage of the leniency provided to them and this factor also contributed to the restaurant's downfall.