Gambit Research - Fantastic place to work | Glassdoor

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hammersmith, England

I have been working at Gambit Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working at Gambit Research for 6 months and love it. There are flexible working hours meaning you can start your day whenever you like. Holidays are generous (25 days +some extras at christmas), there are training budgets and days off for conferences/ learning etc. And most importantly the work is interesting and challenging. It's a really great place to work

Cons

Honestly none - best place I've worked.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Gambit Research2019-08-20

Other Employee Reviews

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Intern - Software Developer in Hammersmith, England

I have been working at Gambit Research for less than a year

Pros

As an intern, I was given the opportunity to work here as a first year. That alone is a green flag, most other employers simply wipe your CV out through filtering programs. Shows they do truly value the individual, and the skills you provide. The interview process was somewhat difficult, especially the Codility, but the on site interviews were pleasant and staff are very acommodating. Actually working at the... company is amazing, flexible hours, good pay, and interesting, thought provoking work. Starting off is difficult, there's a lot of terminology that hits you in the face, but once you absorb it, working is actually fun, knowing the goals you are working towards. Starting off as an intern, the beginning was quite shaky as the tech lead was the only person who had experience in the sector of the project I was working in. However, constantly harrassing my mentors helped me get up to speed, and they did their best to help me along the way, I'd honestly get annoyed if I were in their position from the amount of questions I asked. The atmosphere is great, everybody seems willing to help, if you're willing to learn, and you genuinely feel valued as a team member. It also helps that everybody who works there is extremely intelligent. I felt like I learnt an astronomical amount during my internship. Exposed to loads of technologies I had previously avoided, and are quite fond of now. Also, chef comes in twice a week and there's plenty of snacks and things to nibble on!

Cons

I guess if I'm really pushed for something, the initial orientation, first 3 days-ish could have been more rigorous...there was a lot of 'discovering things along the way' which probably should have been explained, but then again there is a boat load of things to go through so I can't exactly blame them.

Gambit Research2019-09-08

"Amazing Things to Do"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Gambit Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing things to do and learn (Betting-related). - People are very friendly. - Very smart people from all over the world - Excellent work/life balance - Quarterly bonus - A good visa sponsorship / Relocation package Also: If you are interested in Algorithmic Trading, this company is a very good start point.

Cons

Bonus system is not transparent. But I think, after reading many reviews here, the management started to think over it.

Advice to Management

- Benefits may be improved. - Career path should be clearer, especially for junior engineers.

Gambit Research2018-07-30

Discover more reviews about Gambit Research.