GameStop - GameStop is the BEST! | Glassdoor

"GameStop is the BEST!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at GameStop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GameStop is AWESOME! I love working here, I love my staff, my bosses and best of all, I love video games! What else is there?!? Oh wait, it's a company that listens to it's employees. Gives you proper training. Has endless opportunities for growth. 401K, Healthcare, and all the basics you get for working fulltime. A sweet discount and even sweeter with our PRO Card. Best of all, I even get paid a proper salary for doing what I love!

Cons

Work gets in the way of playing video games.

Advice to Management

You guys ROCK! So, I am advising you to keep doing what you are doing. :-)

Other Employee Reviews for GameStop

"Great Company. Depends on where you work though."

Current Employee - Game Advisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Game Advisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at GameStop part-time (More than a year)

Pros

(Employee Discount, Insider Gaming Information, Great People, Very Laid Back Atmosphere) As a Game Adviser, my job is to talk about video games all day and help customers find the perfect games for them. I love this aspect of the job.

Cons

(Not paid well enough. Too much pressure to perform from higher management.) Since it is still essentially a retail position, of course my primary goal of the day is to sell. However, the sale of actual games don't count. Our performance is graded on how many membership cards and pre-orders that we sell. If we don't get a certain percentage everyday, our job is then threatened. Being a excellent employee won't even factor into management's decision making because at the end of the day everyone is obsessed with numbers. Lower level employees who only get paid minimum wage have no incentive to do better except for the possibility of keeping their job. This is all assuming your lucky enough to be at a store that gets adequate hours and you are able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week. If not, the job isn't worth it. Also, we don't work on commission or anything like that, so even if your numbers a amazing, the only thing you get out of it is to keep your job.

Advice to Management

The company should implement a better incentive program for lower level employees. I've found my job in jeopardy too many time because of not meeting sales goals even though they turn around and say that I am a great employee and an asset to the company.

"Unorganized"

Current Employee - Senior Game Advisor in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Senior Game Advisor in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at GameStop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team members and general interest and access to related information

Cons

Benefits, salary, company growth, and potential