GameStop - fast pace job for anyone | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GameStop

"fast pace job for anyone"

Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at GameStop full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

meeting customers and helping other people

Cons

micro manage and give more hours

Advice to Management

give more hours

Other Employee Reviews for GameStop

1. "Poor Communication"

Former Employee - Game Advisor in Colonie, NY
    Former Employee - Game Advisor in Colonie, NY

I worked at GameStop part-time

Pros

Video games as far as the eye can see! The person I worked with was friendly and easy to get along with.

Cons

I was never contacted again after my first day, nor did I receive any payment for what was supposed to be paid training for the one day I did work.

Advice to Management

Please, please, PLEASE work on improving communication between your stores and your employees. I would have really enjoyed continuing to work and sell games, but the poor communication prevented this from happening.

2. "Worst. Company. EVER!"

Former Employee - Senior Game Advisor in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Game Advisor in Fresno, CA

I worked at GameStop part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discounts on games, swag from vendors, able to rent games to try out for a few days, and flexible hours

Cons

Lack of hours despite heavy traffic in store, incompetent and iresponsible managers and DMs, ridiculously high turn-over rate, lack of security inside and outside of store, selective policy enforcement, low pay rate from minimum wage, employees and managers have the maturity of junior high school students, having almost no standards when managers bring in new employees, "At will" employment, severe lack of shift coverages due to lack of hours, company offers little to no official training for employees, little promotional opportunities, managers prioritize overly pushing for game reservations, magazine subscription, accessories, etc over customer service....and more!

Advice to Management

Management needs to renew their entire company operations and take the correct steps in improving both working and shopping environment at Gamestop ASAP!