GameStop - Satisfactory | Glassdoor

"Satisfactory"

Current Employee - Game Advisor in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Current Employee - Game Advisor in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have been working at GameStop part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're a huge fan of video games and are okay with working with people, this is the place for you.

Cons

If you're a seasonal employee, I doubt you'll get a lot of hours.

Advice to Management

Allow seasonal employees to get more hours.

Other Employee Reviews for GameStop

"Great Customers, Horrible Leadership"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at GameStop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best customers in the world, annual trip to Vegas (for store managers and above) with private mini-E3 showcase. Free games for store Managers. Free game "borrowing" for all employees.

Cons

NO HOURS!!!!!!! Store Managers working 60+ hours because we don't have coverage otherwise. No overlap for lunch or bathroom breaks, and 12-15 hour shifts. Lip services is paid to "putting customer first" or "get out on the sales floor" but then when it comes time to implement Sr. Mgt hands down a huge weekly to-do list and no hours to have more than one person in the store at a time. Many SMs in my district come in on their day off every week just to do the weekly scans.
    After you hit SM your stuck, very little room for growth. Also, some markets are very very over saturated. We have 5 stores within a 2 mile circle. With another 4 within 6 miles. There is two sets of stores that are literally looking at each other. Two in a mall and two in a shopping center across the street from mall. In the mall if you stand at the entrance you are looking at your "sister" store, which of course you compete with. Same story in the shopping center. No team feeling within district because we are constantly fighting each other for the same customers.
    Low salary for whats expected. Made more as an ASM for a different company and only had to work 40 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Either get read of the ridiculous amount of busy work every week or give us hours to have people on the floor. The only reason gamestop can compete with the big box stores is customer service, but that has been pushed to the side over the last couple years in exchange for "operational procedures"
    Spread your stores out!!!!!!!!! Buying up competitors was fine, but we need to move the stores from being on top of each other.

"Fun place to work but suffers in leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Grapevine, TX

I worked at GameStop full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun place to work. Very hip and HR does a very good job of providing events and activities througout the year (like custume contests, video game release parties, etc). Very fiscally conservative.

Cons

Leadership at the time I was there was not in touch with reality. They tried to provide a vision people could get behind but execution was not there. E-commerce, where I worked, was fun but the senior management that was in place when I was only interested in justifying their existance. A bit slow to adopting new technology and communication channels