GameStop - Excellent Firm. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Excellent Firm."

Current Contractor - QA Analyst in Grapevine, TX
Current Contractor - QA Analyst in Grapevine, TX

I have been working at GameStop as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Firm to work with. Best work environment . This is the best firm I worked for in last 15 years.

Cons

None. i can think of any cons for this firm.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Other Employee Reviews for GameStop

1. "can't complain"

Current Employee - Game Advisor
    Current Employee - Game Advisor

I have been working at GameStop part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the job is good for starting out

Cons

nothing really to complain about.

Advice to Management

be nicer

"Used to be a great job......"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

I have been working at GameStop full-time

Pros

Positive Q4 with new consoles, most customers come in cuaual because they're buying entertainment. Nothing good to say about the way we are treated on a Corporate level or by upper management.

Cons

I understand that payroll is the largest expense any company has but GS cuts it thinner than any other company and mistreats their employees. When you are forced to go 5 hours without being able to take a sip of water, or a bathroom break something is wrong. If you think I'm exaggerating, take a walk in your local mall, take notice of how many employees are working in every other retail store vs how many customers they have in the store. Add on top of that the time it takes a Gmestop employee to ring through a customers trade in then tell me/us how upper management does not mistreat us or treat us like slaves. Not to mention you even work alone, at night, because your safety does not matter to them! Gamestop labor practices are the reason Labor Unions were formed!

Advice to Management

Stop boasting about having zero debt and give you stores enough payrol payroll so that they are allowed to take their 10 minute breaks per State labor laws. Going 3, 4, 5 or more hours alone in a store is in human & un safe yet this is what you are forcing your employees to do! Yet, let me make this clear, the answer is NOT to increase store managers hours! We already make minimum wage because you pay far below the industry standard. It's obvious that you are aware of these issues and don't want to face them since, for the past two years our internal survey of managers satisfaction has disappeared. So you make these rules but can't stomach the results? Disgusting & cowardly