GameStop - Store manager | Glassdoor

"Store manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at GameStop full-time

Pros

Good salary. Good benefits. Perks

Cons

Must work weekends and holidays

Advice to Management

Relax and stay calm and all will be fine

Other Employee Reviews for GameStop

"meh, it was alright"

I worked at GameStop full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Knew how to have fun

Cons

When morale was low, man it was low
    Big gap between the high earners and the low earners

2. "One of my most miserable jobs"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at GameStop full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The customers who normally tend to come in are easy to get along with and talk to. Checking out games for the few days is a great opportunity to gain knowledge if customers have questions. Its a better environment to be around games as opposed to food or something less exciting.

Cons

Where to begin. first off its terrible pay especially for assistant managers and managers. Its very clear that the company profits from selling preowned and trades. Employees are forced to abide by obnoxious phone greetings and overwhelm customers with bringing in their trades. Only the store managers, dm's, and probably corporate only see a yearly bonus. Everyone else who work just as hard if not harder only get a .09 to .17 raise (if you even get one that is.) Each store is given absolute minimum hours for their employees, the norm is about 80 a week for all employees.the constant weekly goals for reserves and power up cards are so tedious. It seems to be a competition based job between all the districts/regions. All you really see in emails and over conference calls is we need to improve on this this and this. Were in last place in this this and this. We need to do better. Its never good enough for them. The company clearly only cares about them self (upper management)

Advice to Management

Spend a day in the shoes of the employees who are actually performing and making the money/numbers. Not just sitting behind the computers and making an appearance in stores once every 3 months to do more complaining. Be overwhelmed like we are on a daily basis and maybe you will really understand how miserable some employees are and struggling to make a living at that.