Gameloft - Avoid at all costs, the worst company I have ever worked for | Glassdoor

"Avoid at all costs, the worst company I have ever worked for"

I have been working at Gameloft full-time

Pros

All my colleagues were great, but I would often come to the office and find out that my software licenses have expired. So I would have nothing to do for days ( so far so good right - except I had to work straight through weekends and nights to compensate ). So after a few cycles of this they would cancel the game or try to do something else.

Cons

Steer clear - I think this is the Enron of video game companies.

Advice to Management

Find something else to do.

Gameloft2012-07-23

"Fantastic place with good people, gracious bosses, and improving every day"

I have been working at Gameloft full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Gameloft. This is a company where I feel like I'm actually working with professionals who - in addition to making quality products - respect their employees, respect their time, and want to see their employees grow professionally. I have seen folks become promoted and move on up, and people are generally paid fairly. The new Executive Committee is really making some good changes and it's... benefiting everyone. They actually listen to their hired professionals and make decisions based on their team's expertise. It's great. I feel empowered as a professional and feel like I'm making an impact on the company. Also, as a f2p publisher, pay attention to Gameloft, for they are really trying to reinvent the monetization model that sours a lot of consumers. It still has a way to go, but I'm proud to be at a company that aims to better respect their consumers and employees alike. Maybe it's a French thing, but compared to work culture in other markets it's a breath of fresh air and not stifling at all. I like it here very much.

Cons

Growth does seem to be mostly focused in Europe, and in Paris particularly. Salary could always be higher, but they are better than many others in this gaming vertical. Sometimes decisions are made in HQ that doesn't match other market's needs, but this really hasn't been a huge issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! You have made some really proactive changes in the last year and I believe for the best. Keep it up, and never get complacent. If something needs to change, challenge your professionals to attempt a change to move the needle before making cuts.

Gameloft2019-04-01

"Should be a top developer but Waisting their talents"

Former Employee - Studio Manager in Secret Town, CA

I worked at Gameloft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Been in the mobile space for a long time. Has a tremendous amount of great looking game. Great game makers who understand game mechanics.

Cons

Terrible org and centralized /directive management. The talent is all in the game studios not in the HQ. Lack of understanding of the free to play model.

Advice to Management

Keep the talent and let them create.

Gameloft2019-03-09

Discover more reviews about Gameloft.