Gameloft - Look elsewhere | Glassdoor

"Look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Programmer in Brisbane

I worked at Gameloft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues are friendly Casual dress Looks good on your resume Probably good for artists, not for programmers

Cons

I had these reviews before starting and didn't think much of it. The culture becomes toxic and they will take from you every ounce of drive and then leave you out to dry when you require are struggling. Management is clueless that people are actually people and not machines. The project's aren't interesting and there is a lot of micromanagement High turn over rate as people are figuring this out. Excessive overtime In one breath they say its all about values, culture and balance and then in another heavily imply you need to commit to overtime, as if you don't have a choice and your ability comes into question if you leave even after working an extra hour.

Advice to Management

Churning out staff will only get you so far in Brisbane before you run out of people that made it what it is. The place is going further down hill and I don't see the place remaining open for much longer as Gameloft as a whole is failing.

Gameloft2019-12-04

"Fantastic place with good people, gracious bosses, and improving every day"

I have been working at Gameloft full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Gameloft. This is a company where I feel like I'm actually working with professionals who - in addition to making quality products - respect their employees, respect their time, and want to see their employees grow professionally. I have seen folks become promoted and move on up, and people are generally paid fairly. The new Executive Committee is really making some good changes and it's benefiting everyone. They actually listen to their hired professionals and make decisions based on their team's expertise. It's great. I feel empowered as a professional and feel like I'm making an impact on the company. Also, as a f2p publisher, pay attention to Gameloft, for they are really trying to reinvent the monetization model that sours a lot of consumers. It still has a way to go, but I'm proud to be at a company that aims to better respect their consumers and employees alike. Maybe it's a French thing, but compared to work culture in other markets it's a breath of fresh air and not stifling at all. I like it here very much.

Cons

Growth does seem to be mostly focused in Europe, and in Paris particularly. Salary could always be higher, but they are better than many others in this gaming vertical. Sometimes decisions are made in HQ that doesn't match other market's needs, but this really hasn't been a huge issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! You have made some really proactive changes in the last year and I believe for the best. Keep it up, and never get complacent. If something needs to change, challenge your professionals to attempt a change to move the needle before making cuts.

Gameloft2019-04-01
  2. "Once a beautiful company"

Former Employee - Producer

I worked at Gameloft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

+Great people to work with +Good life balance

Cons

-Terrible management -Since Vivendi took over it's been downhill

Gameloft2019-12-10

Discover more reviews about Gameloft.