Gannett - Overall a good company to work for, although doesn't feel like the most stable at times. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gannett

"Overall a good company to work for, although doesn't feel like the most stable at times."

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gannett full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fair Pay - Feel like it is on par with what should be paid for my position as a graphic designer.
Good Hours - Not required to do overtime very often, and flexible if I need to take a longer lunch.
Time Off - 2 to 4 weeks off according to the time you have been working for the company. Plus personal days and sick days.

Cons

Furloughs - Have been required to take a week off without pay for the last several years. Seems like this is getter better though.
Advancement - Working hard does not get you promoted. It seems that the worst employees are the first to get promoted, maybe because they are good at lying and telling you what you want to hear.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees for the work they do. Also don't underestimate their talent. Very often I personally feel under-valued and under-appreciated. Often overlooked to do tasks that I am capable of because management thinks I am only capable of doing one task. I have the ability to learn new skills and adapt my capabilities. Please utilize me to my full potential and pay me for it instead of hiring someone that is no qualified or promoting someone that is a subpar employee.

Other Employee Reviews for Gannett

1. "It is .. what it is."

Former Employee - Producer in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Producer in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Gannett full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Few people are ever let go unless their jobs are "eliminated"

Cons

It's a typical massive corporation

"Stagnant in their "catch-up" years after not fully embracing online"

Former Employee - Editor-writer in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Editor-writer in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Gannett full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck, direct deposit paycheck, health benefits, vision benefits, dental benefits.

Cons

Furlough after furlough after furlough. No raises for several years. Christmas bonus one years was a $5 Wal-Mart gift card.

Advice to Management

Respect employees.